Details: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Sandler Search is a retained executive search firm serving clients in the nonprofit, educational and philanthropic sectors. Founded in 2010 by Josie Sandler, Sandler Search has become a leading firm in recruiting senior level executive leaders for mission-driven organizations. With offices located in New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles, Sandler Search has deep experience and connections in the greater New York City area as well as nationally, with particular expertise in executive leadership, external affairs and development positions. Overall, Sandler Search provides a highly successful, consultative executive recruitment service to help build the strength and impact of mission-driven organizations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Search Coordinator will support search execution, including scheduling, reports and document creation, logistics, office management, research and occasionally candidate identification and outreach.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Schedule candidates internally and externally; maintain updated candidate contacts.
· Produce candidate reports and candidate books; draft other key search documents such as position specifications, Search Committee communications, and updates.
· Manage search logistics including candidate travel, planning large Search Committee meetings, and placing search advertisements.
· Oversee day-to-day office operations including supplies, answering phones, receiving guests, filing and other office related activities.
· Review all resumes, conduct initial candidate assessments, and share with team.
· Ensure all candidate documents and materials are entered into the database.
· Assist the CEO in drafting and sending important correspondence.
· Perform research to identify candidates in conjunction with the Search Analyst.
· Depending on workloads and capacity, reach out to and follow up with relevant candidates and sources via email and phone.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will be a proactive, organized and professional individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture. He/she will have excellent people and relationship building skills, an interest in talent development, and a desire for a career in executive search.
Key Professional and Personal Attributes Includes:
- Prior 1-3 years of professional experience in the nonprofit or philanthropic sector, education, executive search, or professional services.
- Passion for the nonprofit sector and mission-driven organizations; familiarity with New York City non-profit community preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; articulate and persuasive with strong relationship building abilities.
- Poised and professional with the ability to represent Sandler Search to senior-level clients, candidates and other partners.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks with strong prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- A quick learner with strong attention to detail, exceptional follow-through skills, and a commitment to excellence.
- A positive outlook and high energy, adaptable, flexible and willing to roll-up your sleeves and pitch in where necessary.
- A customer service orientation including excellent personal and phone presentation.
EDUCATION AND TRAVEL: Bachelor’s degree required. Occasional attendance at events during early mornings and evenings.
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Sandler Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Please email cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com
Minimum Education Required