ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Job Plugs is proud to partner with Working in Support of Education (WISE), a nonprofit that provides financial education, college, and career readiness programs to students, educators, and at-risk adults. WISE is spearheading a national effort to empower people to lead lives of financial well-being, succeed in college and excel in an increasingly competitive global workforce.
ABOUT THE POSITION
WISE is seeking an exceptional individual to join as an Associate Director of Development to serve as the strategic lead of the organization’s fundraising operations. The Associate Director will work to secure grants opportunities from institutions and major gifts from individuals. The successful candidate will be a motivated individual with exceptional writing and relationship skills as well as a proven track record of successful fundraising. This individual will develop and drive institutional strategy to identify and pursue large-scale grants and work with the programs team to ensure grant compliance and timely preparation of reports to funders. The ideal candidate for the Associate Director of Development will be expected to assume the role of the Director of Development depending on performance after one year of employment.
- Provide the strategic vision and collaborative leadership necessary to plan an effective and comprehensive plan for development and annual plans for the fundraising program.
- Research foundation and corporate funding opportunities, recommend prospects with the most significant potential, and propose cultivation strategies, including developing relationships with individuals and program officers.
- Research current donors and develop a research process to seek out new grant opportunities, individual and corporate donor prospects.
- Represent WISE in face-to-face meetings with donors and identify networking opportunities for the Executive Director.
- Optimize internal systems and processes to support continuous quality improvement and regular reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Design and lead new strategies for major gifts to drive a significant increase in year over year giving to create future revenue streams
- Maintain and update records of grants awarded and prospects within the organization’s CRM
- Minimum B.A. or B.S.; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience and success cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts from foundation and corporate funders; proven relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed, assess priorities, and take the initiative without significant supervision
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, planning, and goal-setting skills
- Proficient in data analysis and using data insights to drive action
- Confirmed strength in project plan development, management, and execution; an ability to drive sophisticated, multifaceted projects forward to deliver results on time
- Energy to move multiple projects forward in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment