Lead Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer (Reg FT) Position Title:
Lead Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer (Reg FT) Department:
Office Diversity & Inclusion Campus:
Office of College Services Additional Information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than November 13, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. Benefits:
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply. Salary Grade:
Admin 20 - $95,004 Job Category:
Executives Employment Type:
Regular Full-Time Job Slot:
5923 Job Open Date:
10/30/2020 Job Close Date: General Summary:
Promotes and implements the College's diversity, equity and inclusion programs, projects and initiatives. Promotes and ensures inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity. Requirements:
A master's or terminal degree in an appropriate discipline and a record of successful and progressively more responsible leadership and administrative experience in higher education in diversity related work. A passion for social justice. Experience with compliance and the ability to create an efficient, fair and transparent compliance process. Ability to lead the College in diversity and cultural awareness. An understanding of the literature, best practices relevant to diversity, equity and inclusion work and an understanding of Title IX regulations. Experience facilitating cultural change and to work with a broad group of students, faculty, and staff. The ability to be fair, objective, and transparent. Proven cross cultural competencies, including strong emotional intelligence influencing skills, and the ability to engage and build relationships with students, faculty, staff and underrepresented communities. Strong communication, consensus-building and conflict-resolution skills to navigate and resolve problems. Duties:
1. Act as primary advisor to the college President on matters relating to inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity.
2. Supervise the daily operations of the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, including budget development and monitoring, and development and implementation of diversity initiatives.
3. Monitor progress of Diversity Tactical Plan, including periodic evaluations and revisions.
4. Coordinate duties of College Diversity Officers.
5. Support and advise college departments, such as Human Resources, Admissions, International Students Office, and Workforce Development regarding diversity issues, minority student & staff recruitment and retention.
6. Provide leadership to identify and cultivate partnerships with MWDBE businesses.
7. Provide leadership and support with relevant departments regarding MWDBE goals & procurement opportunities.
8. Develop partnerships with community organizations and government agencies to create programs that provide pipelines for student and staff recruitment.
9. Plan and implement Diversity & Cultural Competency training to internal constituents, including students, faculty & staff.
10. Supervise the Civil Rights Compliance Officer to ensure compliance requirements for the institution.
11. Serve as member of the President's Cabinet.
12. Perform other duties as required or assigned. Clearances:
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here. To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=743&site=3