The Executive Director is the chief paid executive for the organization, is the figurehead of the Chamber, is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the Chamber’s staff and advocates and promotes business within our community. The Director is also responsible for the oversight of the Chamber’s financial activities. The Director is accountable to the Chamber Board of Directors.
- Developing, managing, and implementing the Chamber’s overall objectives.
- Serving as the chief community liaison for the Northville Chamber of Commerce
- Developing and overseeing Chamber programs that are consistent with the Chamber’s mission and objectives.
- Adding value to Chamber members’ businesses and enhancing the quality of life in the Northville area.
- Working directly with the Board to set the Chamber’s short- and long-term goals and objectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Northville Chamber of Commerce is the home to approximately 400 local business members and utilizes Chambermaster/Growthzone technology to better serve the membership.
- Assist staff in working with and recruiting prospective members. Endeavoring to increase membership acquisition and maintain high membership retention rates.
- Well versed in member and sponsorship benefits in order to accurately showcase the Chamber programs.
- Welcome new Chamber members and conduct ribbon cutting ceremonies.
- Develop and coordinate Chamber member events and activities that provide professional development and networking opportunities.
- Keep informed on local, state, and federal funding options, grant opportunities and other programs relating to business and advocacy of Chamber member businesses.
- In collaboration with the Chamber Board of Directors, develop and execute membership expansion strategies which align with community development and growth.
The Northville Chamber manages and produces numerous community events throughout the year. The Executive Director is ultimately responsible for the success of all Chamber events, including the planning, organization and financial success of all Chamber events including, but not limited to, coordination of event budgets, logistics, staffing, and partnerships.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for the Northville Chamber
- Develops and fosters close working relationships with key community stakeholders including (but not limited to) the City of Northville, Northville Township, Northville Public Schools, as well as representatives at the local, regional, and state level.
- Leads the day-to-day operations of the organization
- Prepares and oversees the annual budget
- Negotiates and approves contracts as required for vendors, office equipment, insurance policies, marketing partnerships, banking agreement, etc.
- Maintains all vital records and assets of the Chamber
- Reviews financial expenditures on a monthly basis with Board Treasurer
- Works with Board President to create Board meeting agendas
- Provides sufficient information with enough lead time that allows the Board to take relevant action to affect the direction of the Chamber.
- Oversees all Chamber marketing efforts including social media and website.
- Designs and supervises the design of collateral materials needed to advertise events, membership, and other Chamber activities.
- Designs and solicits sponsorship packages.
- Attends Chamber-related conferences, workshops, seminars as needed for personal growth and networking.
- Represents the Chamber at events and meetings as needed
- Brings concerns and questions to the attention of the Chamber Board
- Performs routine tasks typical in an office setting such as using computers, phones, copiers, and other office equipment.
- Bachelor's degree and/or demonstrated experience in leadership roles, including at least five (5) years of supervisory experience
- Experience in organizing and marketing community events
- Strong written communication, public speaking & presentation abilities
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite. Experience using Chambermaster is preferred.
- Experience working with diverse groups and varied industries to promote inclusive growth
- This is a full-time EXEMPT position with some weekend and evening work required
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- This position requires travel within and adjacent to the Chamber’s service area on a regular basis and may require, from time-to-time, travel outside of the local area for conferences or special meetings.
NON-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY The Northville Chamber of Commerce does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.