Director, Prospect Management, Research & Analytics
- Job posted by Babson College
• Develops research strategies for entire Babson alumni and parent base, both domestic and international with special attention given to major gift suspects and prospects.
• Develop and implement analytic data models to identify and support the college fundraising and campaign initiatives.
• Creates, implements, and monitors a system for continuous prospect updates, and wealth screens while ensuring the timely dissemination of information to appropriate management and leadership staff.
• Works with various internal customers to understand their informational and business needs and conceives innovative analytical approaches to addressing business challenges.
• Assists fund-raising staff in screening, rating, and identifying prospect wealth potential.
• Supervises the access and gathering of data from internal sources, and on-line database systems, as well as appropriate external sources and contacts. Use this accumulated data to assess prospect's giving capability, philanthropic tendencies and appropriate Babson contacts.
• In collaboration with the Associate Vice President of Campaign Strategy, manage the strategic direction of the moves management program by developing policies and procedures, and providing data and trend analysis.
• Oversees the prospect assignment process to ensure balanced and viable portfolios.
• Collaborates with Systems and Reporting to continue to enhance the capability to track and report on prospect and portfolio activity to inform strategy.
• Leads bi-annual portfolio reviews and participates monthly in Development Directors' prospect strategy meetings to ensure strong portfolios and facilitate the movement of prospects through the solicitation cycle.
• Ensures that research reports make full use of all publicly available information effecting estimates of personal financial worth.
• Manages the day-to-day activities and supervises a staff which will organize and edit verified and extrapolated data into comprehensive, confidential, and concise reports for use by the President, Trustees, Development staff, other volunteer solicitors and affiliates of the College.
• Mentors staff and devises professional development plans, develops goals, provides effective and timely feedback to direct reports, and evaluates direct report performance; builds talent through hiring, training, mentoring, and coaching.
• Utilizes statistical approaches to conduct data modeling projects.
• Maintains best practices in Development research.
• Gains and maintains proficiency in the use of proprietary and internal databases as well as appropriate analytical tools.
• Reviews local, national, professional, and financial publications and periodicals, bringing important trends and new prospect data to the attention of prospect managers and Development departments.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Assistant Director, Prospect Research & Analytics
Senior Research Analyst
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• A minimum of 10+ years of professional experience in analytical, research, or information specialist role preferably in a higher education setting
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
• Must have excellent quantitative analysis skills, attention to detail and ability to think strategically
• Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Must have knowledge of tools and techniques for collecting, synthesizing and analyzing data
• Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, faculty, and other constituencies
• Must have flexibility and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects
• Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Must have strong leadership skills
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information and material in a discretionary manner
• Ability to create an environment where direct reports have the freedom and security to take initiative; deal with complexities with resilience, resourcefulness, and optimism; and appreciate open mindedness, creativity, and agility in thought and tactics.
• Ability to embrace ideas and changes created by all community members.
• Ability to work independently to solve problems; look for opportunities to take on responsibility; take thoughtful risks; and effectively act on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
• Ability to anticipate and effectively handle change; demonstrate willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
• Ability to work independently
May require some late evening and weekend work
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.peopleadmin.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required