Senior Director of Marketing and Communications
- Job posted by Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partners seeks a Senior Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan and oversee Koya's day-to-day communications activities.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. Clients come to Koya—and return—for the gold standard in executive search. The executives we place are widely considered leaders in the nonprofit field.
Our founding philosophy, 'the right person in the right place can change the world', guides our work with clients across the country and around the world. Our team of close to 40 professionals nationwide hails from global executive recruiting firms as well as all corners of the nonprofit sector. Our combined experience provides us with an insider's and outsider's view of the field, and a deep network within the nonprofit and private sectors.
To learn more about our story, our values and our portfolio of clients at Koya, please visit www.koyapartners.com.
Reporting to Koya's Founding Partner, the ideal candidate will have experience running and scaling a marketing function for a growing professional services firm, will be both creative and analytical and is excited by the opportunity to have a significant, direct, measurable impact on the success and growth of the organization.
The Senior Director of Marketing and Communications position is a unique opportunity to join a successful mission-driven brand and take the organization's current marketing function to the next level. This is a hands-on role, managing both the strategic and the tactical marketing efforts for the business and providing overall oversight and leadership for the department, including:
- Developing and executing the annual marketing plan and managing the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve business goals;
- Developing and managing an editorial calendar that promotes a consistent stream of content to deepen brand recognition and generate buzz about the impact of Koya's work. This includes creating and maintaining an engaging, active social media presence, evaluating and negotiating licensed content, and managing the creation of original and/or video content;
- Optimizing the marketing department's resources (human and financial) and structure to adapt to changing business needs, providing fiscal oversight of departmental budget;
- Collaborating with executive leadership team to implement marketing elements of firm-wide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy;
- Consistently evaluating internal and external communications to ensure messaging accurately reflects Koya value of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This is a full-time position with a flexible location, preferably based in Greater Boston or Newburyport, MA.
Successful candidates will be proven marketing communications leaders, hands-on project managers, excellent communicators, highly efficient, organized and deadline-driven. They are mission-driven, collaborative and committed individuals who are aligned with the Koya culture and values of innovation, impact, respect and the highest possible levels of service to our clients.
Other desired qualifications include:
- Minimum 15+ years' experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency;
- Innovative thinker and efficient doer, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output;
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers. Stature, gravitas, and confidence to gain the credibility and respect of high-performing executive leadership team;
- Previous experience leading and growing a marketing/communications function in a professional services environment, demonstrated track record of creating and driving high-impact communications and/or marketing strategies in areas such as website content, newsletters, and client communications;
- Experience hiring, training and managing a high-performing team;
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills, including strong copyediting and proofreading skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team in a virtual environment;
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organization skills;
- Solutions-oriented; able to effectively identify opportunities for improvement, problem-solve and rebound from setbacks;
- Adept with technology, including Office suite, Excel, WordPress, PowerPoint, all social media platforms and management tools such as Hootsuite, database environments, Box, and Google platforms;
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently;
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels;
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; not afraid to do the work;
- Strong digital marketing expertise and proven track record of success instituting traditional and digital marketing best practices;
- MBA preferred.
Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume here.
Koya Leadership Partners is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
Minimum Education Required