We are representing a client we know very well and the feedback from others we've helped get jobs here has been overwhelmingly positive. Some words that have been used to describe the organization and management are: collaborative, supportive, fair, approachable and recognizes excellent work.
Boston based nonprofit is looking for an Administrative Coordinator:
- Responsible for scheduling meetings for individuals supported, including conference room and virtual meeting scheduling.
- Responsible for light typing, basic document preparation, data entry, and may handle mass mailing projects.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for individuals supported, as well as laboratory personnel, postdoctoral candidates and visiting speakers.
- May assist with the onboarding of new staff members. Where applicable, assists in obtaining keys, lockers, lab coats and notebooks.
- Responsible for ordering of supplies and ensures equipment is maintained
- Answers phones and directs calls to appropriate parties.
- Triages incoming faxes and electronic messages to clinical staff within the department.
- Responsible for general office duties such as copying, filing, faxing, sorting mail, greeting visitors and maintaining the cleanliness of office area.
- May be asked to cover for other administrative support staff during absences.
- Perform duties related to other special projects as required.
- May be responsible for the planning and preparation of conferences/retreats, which includes booking the venue, coordination of speakers, arranging for audiovisual equipment and ordering of food services and may be involved in fundraising activities for the event. As part of event planning responsibilities. May also be responsible for coordinating departmental group meetings.
- Prepares general correspondence, letters of recommendations, creates Excel spreadsheets, revises existing PowerPoint presentations and maintains biosketches and CVs.
- May be responsible for academic and hospital appointment processes, and the maintenance of licenses, credentialing and certifications.
- May be responsible in supporting the recruitment of candidates, and coordination of performance review evaluations for staff and faculty.
- Prepares monthly expense reports, processes requests for vendor payments and creates invoices.
- May be asked to be a representative in committees, cross-department responsibilities and/or task forces.
- May be responsible for website maintenance as needed.
- May coordinate moves, meetings assignments, equipment upkeep and timekeeping oversight
- May assist in the training of new administrative support staff within the group.
Qualities needed for success:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel) and other computer applications
- Exceptional organization skills and adeptness at prioritizing tasks
- Strong customer service skills and professionalism
- Respect for and willingness to protect highly confidential and sensitive information
Bachelor’s degree required and/or a minimum of 1 year relevant experience, as well as excellent English language reading, comprehension and analysis, writing, and speaking skills. The ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, strong attention to detail, and good judgment are essential.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration (cover letter not required but a nice way to showcase your writing skills)