Director of Finance & Operations, CORA
- Job posted by CORA: Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse
2211 Palm Avenue
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
CORA is the only agency in San Mateo County solely dedicated to helping those affected by intimate partner abuse. From counseling to emergency housing, to legal assistance, CORA’s services are designed to provide safety, support, and healing. CORA helps victims and survivors of intimate partner abuse and violence through a full array of services, including:
- Two 24-hour Crisis Hotline
- Two safe houses
- Supportive Housing and subsidies
- Community Education & Outreach
- A Legal Phone Line & Legal Services
- Children’s Programing
- Mental Health Services
- Youth Engagement & Advocacy
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
CORA is at a pivotal juncture in the organization’s history. A new Executive Director (ED), Colsaria Henderson, has taken the helm of this thriving $6 million organization. Excited to move forward with implementation of the organization’s strategic plan, the ED is seeking a finance and operations professional to work with the senior management team to develop internal systems that will fully accommodate the recent increase in program.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a C-level leader to play an instrumental role in growing and developing CORA’s infrastructure to a superior level that would meet the needs and expectations of the staff and community.
The Director of Finance and Operations (Director) will lead the strategic and operational responsibility for all financial and administrative functions of the organization. S/he will manage a portfolio of work that includes finance, information technology, facilities and operations management for this $6 million nonprofit. The Director will be a thought partner to the Executive Director and help to drive the overall strategy while ensuring the success and sustainability of the organization.
The Director will manage approximately 4-6 staff in the Accounting, Facilities, IT and general operations areas. The ideal candidate will come with the enthusiasm, skills and experience to be able to handle the following responsibilities:
· Work in partnership with the ED and the senior management team to develop the strategic direction of the organization and make ongoing strategic decisions to ensure that CORA’s mission is fulfilled
· Embrace and enhance culture of accountability for implementation of plans and outcomes measurement
· Ensure a professional, safe and family-friendly environment for clients and staff
· Work closely with the ED and members of the finance and leadership team to perform long-range financial forecasting and set strategy
· Lead the development of the organization’s annual budget with the program directors by providing strategic vision and supporting CORA’s directors in goal setting and management of their programs
· Manage the organization’s financial, budgeting, compliance and administrative processes – including talent, payroll and facilities management functions – and work to continuously develop and improve systems
· Review and approve preparation and finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for the ED and CORA’s Board of Directors
· Create a communication system for efficient reporting, accountability, and related compliance
· Represent CORA in all negotiations and transactions that require financial, human resources or operational consideration
· Assess and analyze current infrastructure, create and lead short and long term planning, determining the organizational next steps, in the areas of facilities and property maintenance, information technology, data systems and financial tools that support the growth of specific programs and the organization overall
- 10+ years of experience in a senior leadership role at an entrepreneurial growth-focused nonprofit or business with demonstrated success in finance, operations, and administration
- Thorough understanding of nonprofit budgeting, fiscal management and compliance
- Knowledge of best practices regarding administrative processes and systems including finance, HR, legal/compliance issues, facilities and technology management
- Ability to take an action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach to operational management
- Skilled negotiator and relationship builder with the ability to lead effective teams, develop strong culture and build strategic alliances
- Analytic decision maker with the ability to prioritize and effectively communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and mission-driven environment
- Passionate, humble, hold a high degree of integrity, bring a positive attitude, be mission-driven and a self-directed inspiring leader
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of mission of CORA
Inquiries may be made, in confidence, to Search Consultant Heather Merriam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CORA provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
LEADERSHIP SEARCH PARTNERS is a search firm focused exclusively on the nonprofit sector. Based in in the San Francisco Bay Area, the firm works with local, national, and international nonprofits to help them hire exceptional senior-level leaders.www.leadershipsearch.com
A highly competitive compensation and benefits package will be made available to the qualified candidate.
Level of Language Proficiency
- MBA, MPA or an advanced degree in Finance, Management and Operations
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Leadership Search Partners is conducting this search on an exclusive basis on behalf of CORA. Interested candidates should apply via email by sending a letter outlining qualifications, brief bio and resume as PDF or Word documents to email@example.com with “Director of Finance & Operations, CORA” in the subject line.