Hours per week
10-15 hours per week
19 Clarendon Street
Boston Ballet is seeking a student majoring in graphic arts who is a self-motivated, eager, and detail-oriented worker with the ability to multi-task in a professional environment.
Interns will work under the supervision of both the Digital Design Manager and Design Associate on a variety of activities including but not limited to:
- Photo editing and resizing for a variety of digital platforms and mediums
- Assist with typesetting for email communications
- Assist with print collateral for Boston Ballet School and Education departments
- Signage creation and general assistance to the Boston Ballet Shop
- Assist with organization and upkeep of digital asset management system
- Other projects as assigned
- Currently or recently enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Able to commit to 10-15 hours per week during office hours
- Use of Adobe CS Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) in a MAC environment
- Knowledge of digital file formats (tif, gif, eps, pdf, jpg) and a working knowledge of graphic design principles
- Must have an understanding of effective layout and formatting for different purposes and mediums
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Previous experience with email marketing software a plus
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for social media platforms a plus
- Flexibility, a high level of professionalism, creativity, humor, and a love for the arts – particularly dance – encouraged
Boston Ballet is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are for credit (preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet Interns in the Fall are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances and discounted classes.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.