Hours per week
minimum 10 hours/week
3300 Henry Ave
The Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA) is a small but rapidly growing national patient advocacy organization located in the East Falls section of Philadelphia. We are looking for an intern for the summer 2018, with the opportunity to expand into the spring. To learn more about our work, visit www.achaheart.org.
About the internship:
We are looking for a motivated and ambitious individual to support multiple facets of ACHA. We are searching for interns who are interested in nonprofit administration, management and/or program development. The intern will report directly to an experienced team member. The internship hours are flexible (minimum 10 hours/week) and may include the option to work remotely for some projects.
· Gain practical experience in a team with real, exciting projects.
· Join a small but growing diverse team from different professional backgrounds.
· Develop work-related skills.
· Strengthen your resume and portfolio.
· While this internship is unpaid, we will work with your institution to meet the requirements to take this internship for credit if desired.
Duties may include:
- Assist in designing, writing, creating and disseminating content for ACHA channels such as the website and electronic communications, including handouts and educational literature, which is sometimes medical in nature.
- Draft, pitch and distribute press releases, media alerts, and news stories as needed; research and update press media contact lists to help ensure that press materials are sent to appropriate reporters and editors.
- Create and update content for ACHA social media channels when necessary; use tracking tools to gain insight on trends.
- Help maintain the organization's member database.
- Support with promotion of fundraising events.
- Assist with community outreach and engagement at events.
- General administrative tasks
- Developing and organizing our membership base
- Assist in development ACHA Programs
- Helping to evaluate our programs
How To Apply
To apply, please email the following with the subject “Communications and Marketing Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org:
· Cover letter
· Optional: social media accounts you have worked on, either professional or personal