Hours per week
1525 Newton StNW
Words, Beats & Life is seeking communications interns to provide support to its board of directors in driving traffic to the organization’s website from potential donors, current donors, media and the public at-large. The interns will be responsible for writing preview and post-coverage stories about WBL events, assist with social media promotion of all WBL activities and write profiles about WBL staff, volunteers, donors and students.
The communications intern must also be able to:
- Provide content for the WBL Update newsletter
- Provide media relations support
- Record and document media coverage
- Conduct web searches on news outlets and journalists
- Manage institutional Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must submit three-five writing samples.
- Have the ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks and meet short-and long-term deadlines
- Pay attention to detail and highly organized
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Self-motivated and ready to offer new ideas
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work independently to develop content and lead projects while also working within a team
- Candidates should be rising juniors, seniors, or graduate students with experience in social media management and communications.
- All majors are welcome to apply. The position is satellite, so you can make your own schedule, aside from manadatory monthly conference calls.
Undergraduate student, graduate student, or recent college graduate; Arts management or nonprofit management programs are preferred, but not required.
Experience and interest in marketing, public relations and community engagement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in social media networking (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to establish priorities and handle numerous assignments at one time
- Ability to work well with deadlines
- Available to attend some evening events and performances
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
How To Apply
Send your resume, cover letter, work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Communications Intern"
Please also list days and times you are available for a telephone or in person interview.