Hours per week
1620 L St. NW
Public Justice, a national, cutting-edge litigation and public advocacy organization, seeks a smart, energetic, highly-organized, and extremely efficient Development Intern in its Washington, DC office.
The Development Team supports the organization by building and cultivating relationships with donors, including law firms, foundations, and individuals to support the organization’s work. The team works to identify, solicit, steward, and renew funding relationships with existing donors while playing an important role in identifying and successfully soliciting prospective donors for support of current and future work.
We are seeking an undergraduate student or recent graduate looking for fundraising, non-profit, and advocacy experience. Through this internship you will gain valuable experience in fundraising, donor stewardship, prospect research and much more. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter, with strong verbal and written communications skills, and a keen interest in the nonprofit sector.
This is a paid internship. Start date and end date are flexible.
- Research potential prospective donors and issue areas;
- Draft funder correspondence and other written materials as needed (including email updates, outreach to individuals, etc.);
- Audit and update donor records in internal database;
- Provide backup administrative support to other development staff when necessary;
- Perform all other administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Reliability, punctuality, and self-motivation;
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office 2013, primarily Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Excellent organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail;
- Ability to quickly learn new software and technological skills;
- Ability to multitask efficiently and work well under pressure;
- Good judgment and ability to maintain confidential information;
- Team player spirit;
- Good sense of humor and ability to get along well with others;
- Interest in advancing justice for all.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. For more information about Public Justice, please visit our website at http://www.publicjustice.net.
Public Justice values and promotes diversity. We invite applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age or disability