PPSAT is seeking a highly motivated, responsible, outgoing, creative, pro-choice Field Intern to provide support to the Field Organizer in on-going organizing activities both in the community and the health center. The Field Intern assists in the day-to-day operations of the field program conducting grassroots organizing activities that engage supporters to build the capacity of communities and volunteers. The Field Intern will also undertake a special project relevant to the work the Field Organizer conducts in their community that will serve both PPSAT and the community at large.
This is a temporary, part-time position working up to 20 hours per week.
- Serve as volunteer coordinator for health center advocacy programs (HCAP) and Clinic Greeter programs (if applicable) including on board new volunteers and coordinating volunteer scheduling.
- Act as primary liaison to assigned GenAction campus chapters including assisting in member recruitment as well as event planning & execution.
- Represent PPSAT at community events (tabling, crowd canvassing).
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, management and follow-up for field events, including voter contact activities.
- Assist in on-boarding new volunteers, including conducting volunteer one-on-one meetings.
- Entering supporter data and protecting the integrity of that data.
- Develop and execute an independent project related to the work the Field Organizer conducts in the community.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by following through on tasks, taking initiative, working with the team and identifying solutions.
- Adhere to affiliate policies and procedures including meetings and training requirements, ensuring punctuality and attendance and following personnel policies.
- Possess knowledge of the current affairs relating to reproductive health and rights, specifically concerning Planned Parenthood
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent organizational skills.
- Proven problem-solving ability.
- Must be comfortable with basic computer tasks including email, calendar Google docs and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups, demonstrated respect for diversity.