515 M Street, SE
District of Columbia
We are seeking an intern to develop video materials that tell our story and help us recruit volunteers and to manage online communication platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
Family & Youth Initiative (DCFYI) is a small non-profit organization that helps teens in foster care create lasting relationships with caring adults. We recruit and prepare mentors, host families, and adoptive families and help those adults and teens meet and get to know each other through participation in events and social activities. We help teens at risk of aging out of foster care find adoptive families and develop lasting relationships with other caring adults who will support them as they transition into adulthood.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Part-time: 12-16 hours/week
- Use social media and online efforts to recruit new mentors, and host and adoptive parents.
- Monitor, log, and analyze online communication data and suggest improvements
- Create themed campaigns (e.g., for National Adoption Month, Foster Care Month)
- Create graphics to use online
- Research potential outreach events and activities
- Interview current volunteers to create materials (text and video) for website and social media
Qualifications and Skills
- At least one year of undergraduate experience; communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing preferred
- Exceptional knowledge and skill related to use of current social media tools and writing for social media, including Facebook and Twitter
- Social media, marketing, and/or community outreach experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
How To Apply
DCFYI is an equal employment opportunity employer. DCFYI does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.