Hours per week
Full time (40h/week)
Do you have a concern for people and the environment? Do you have excellent oral and written communication skills? Are you well organized? Do you want to make an impact on the world?
Burn Design Lab, headquartered on Vashon Island, WA, is offering an unpaid internship to an energetic, well-organized undergraduate. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and a concern for global and environmental health who is interested in grant searching, grant writing, fundraising, and development. Burn Design Lab will provide housing and food stipends for the successful candidate.
Burn Design Lab is a U.S.-based internationally focused nonprofit organization dedicated to the improvement of lives and the environment in the developing world through the research, design, and development of outstanding cookstoves and fuels.
The successful candidate will be engaged in some or all of the following:
- Identifying and vetting grants and other funding opportunities
- Writing grants
- Organizing and maintaining donor relations
- Coordinating fundraising efforts
- Developing donor relations (newsletters, outreach, social media, etc.)
Applicants should have the following experience and aptitudes:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Eagerness to learn about fundraising and development at a nonprofit
- Ability to thrive both independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to do what is needed for the success of the organization and its mission
- Strong work ethic
START DATE AND DURATION
This position is 6+ months in duration, beginning in January 2019.
- Housing and food stipends
- State-of-the art cookstove testing lab
- Located on beautiful Vashon Island, a short ferry ride into Seattle
- Small, close-knit work environment
How To Apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in the following filename format: <[First Name, Last Name], Development Internship [CV/Cover Letter], [Date]>.