Calle Mayta Capac 1325
Rio Seco, El Porvenir
Since 2003, SKIP has been working with disadvantaged families in an impoverished district of the city of Trujillo, Peru. Our holistic programme focuses on the educational, economic, emotional and social development of each child and family. Our aim is to foster the capacity of children and families to be the principal agents of change in their own lives.
The Education department is the largest department within SKIP, working with over 300 children from 4 to 18 years old. We are looking to create an exciting, stimulating and engaging school environment complete with learning structures and tools that promote sound intellectual development and sustained interest in learning.
As part of its primary and secondary teaching programmes, SKIP is currently seeking a volunteer to teach Maths.
Under supervision of the Education Coordinator, the volunteer will plan and deliver lessons following our unique, internationally-standardised curriculum. This curriculum encourages children's ability to reason, represent and communicate mathematical ideas through diverse modalities. Fundamentally we are fostering children's capacity to understand concepts behind mathematical algorithms.
Volunteers usually work up to 35 hours per week.
The benefits of volunteering with us
In return for your invaluable participation in our volunteering programme, SKIP provides:
- thorough induction to the organisation, programmes, department and specific role
- structured and relevant training from fully qualified and experienced staff members - you can read bios for all our permanent team on the website
- mentoring and support in the form of regular supervision and staff meetings as well as informal sessions
- the chance to be a part of a diverse and dedicated team and a welcoming community
- confirmation of volunteer service
- Intermediate to fluent level of spoken Spanish
- Passion for working with children
- Minimum six weeks availability
- Experience working with children
- Experience in a South American country.
Watch our videos
If you would like to know more about our project, check out our videos
Or you can read our annual reports
How To Apply
Visit our website for more information: www.skipperu.org.
Download an application form:
You can download an application form
Please send completed application forms (along with your resume if you wish) to firstname.lastname@example.org and feel free to get in touch with any questions