Hours per week
Microfinance volunteers Uganda (MFV) is offering people from all over the world the opportunity to serve or work with Ugandan communities; as a part of the small microfinance institution Community Microfinance (CML) or by helping with some of the many other projects that CML is involved in.
Internship with Quest finance
Quest Digital Finance Limited is a finance technology company with a mission to increase access to financial services for farmers and other small-scale businesses. The company has developed Akellobanker; a mobile and cloud based platform that enables small-scale businesses to access instant credit using their mobile phone.
Akellobanker improves the infrastructure for Micro finance institutions (MFIs) and Savings and Credit Societies (SACCOs) and enable them to manage their portfolios in an efficient way. The data collected in Akellobanker will also be used for creating a credit score for future credit and insurance underwriting.
To achieve our objective “To offer the easiest credit access for farmers and small-scale traders through mobile and web based platform that fit the needs of the local communities”, we seek to engage professional Associations or Consultants to:
1. Offer system review of the Akellobanker mobile and web technology (Security, transaction success rate, portfolio at risk ratios, Accounting and reporting, Ratio Analysis among others)
2. Integrate a logarithm that uses financial and nonfinancial data (family size, education level, life style, farm size etc) to develop a credit scoring mechanism as a basis for credit under writing.
3. Develop a clear business, marketing and fund-raising plans and strategies that will increase uptake and usage of Akellobanker.
Learn more about Akellobanker here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiFJ3tBO7Us&t=2s
Who can apply?
This internship is for individuals with a background in business and/or economics. An interest in microcredits is necessary and experience of credit analysis is beneficial. An entrepreneurial spirit is necessary as well as some IT skills.
English is the official language in Uganda and you need to be able to use it at a professional level. It is also necessary that you can adapt to a different culture and a sometimes much simpler life style than you are used to. This internship program will show you the real Uganda and that involves things such as power outbreaks, cold showers and things taking very much longer time than expected. On the other hand, you will get a unique and memorable experience and new perspectives of life.
Terms and conditions
- The length of the internship and the number of working hours will be adjusted to your needs. A minimum of eight weeks is required of which four must be on site, the rest of the internship can be done remotely.
- The internship is unpaid and you are responsible for covering all costs associated with living in and travel to Uganda. MFV will help you arrange accommodation in either a host family or at a guest house and will also assist with visas and other practical aspects.
- After the internship Quest Digital Finance Limited will provide you with a letter of recommendation.
- If the internship is part of your coursework, we will make sure that you fulfill the requirements of your university for getting academic credit.
- You will work on weekdays during normal school hours. However, we encourage you to travel while in Uganda and schedules are flexible.
- This internship is based in Ntinda in Kampala. We will assist you in finding accommodation.
How To Apply
Apply by sending an email including your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.