Hours per week
40 hrs a week
Naddi - Banoi Jungle Reserve
Internship position is available in a project working to improve the quality of life of rural / underprivileged communities through sustainable energy solutions.
The project work includes need assessment and opportunities of development and promotion of micro-scale renewable / alternative energy awareness, products and demand.
Volunteer interns can participate in various aspects of this project -
> socio-economic research on renewable energy,
> community awareness and promotion of renewable energy and energy conservation,
> build a micro / pico scale renewable / alternative energy product
Alternative source of electricity to some of these communities allows them to have better house sanitation, health and safety. This results in better energy, improvements in health as dependence on conventional fuels decreases, and better safety. For example, a cook-stove for women saves fuel, emits less smoke, and cooks faster. This reduces indoor air pollution and results in better health conditions for the entire family. The biochar briquettes from forest pine leaves or crop residues left in an agricultural field or orchard after the crop has been harvested can reduce fires and pp air pollution.
This is an internship in which you are not in the office or at the computer screen all day but out in the field visiting field sites, and getting a hands on education experience at the technical projects. You will learn about many innovative technologies that are being developed and get a chance to see many of them in various sites.
Who Interns with us?
- Students in college on their breaks or recent graduates looking for work experience
- Professionals looking for a career change
- Universities looking to do study tours for students
You can also check out our blog with previous intern experiences at http:www.educare.in / or keep up to date on all of our projects at www.educareindia.blogspot.com , and, www.facebook.com/EduCAREIndiaNGO
Though an UNPAID internship but we offer various incentives: free basic furnished accommodation, SIM Card, local approved work transportation and an enriching experience abroad in India surrounded by other international people work with the local communities.
- We offer pre-departure orientation support prior to arrival in India (visa invitation letter, health, safety, and cultural training, insured legal support services), and orientation upon arrival.
- Interns are provided FREE BASIC FURNISHED accommodation throughout their internship with beddings, working kitchen, washroom.
- Internet is available in the house or at the nearby office at walking distance.
- Phone sim card for a smart phone for e-connectivity
- A support team of senior interns and technical advisors are accessible for the duration of time spent in India. Mentor-ship is available with a need based visits by the Chief Mentor.
- We require a minimum of 2-month stay but you are welcome to stay for longer dependent upon your schedule and budget.