The DREAM Project is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides high-quality education and learning opportunities to at-risk youth in the Dominican Republic. We believe that quality early and continuing education is the most effective way to break the cycle of poverty and change destinies. Our mission is to run inclusive, sustainable education programs for children and youth in the Dominican Republic that can be replicated throughout impoverished global communities.
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) ensures the quality and systematization of the collection and registration of data from The DREAM Project’s various programs. M&E ensures that The DREAM Project’s programs follow best practice standards in education and international development across all programs. M&E is critical in (1) identifying current research in education, human development, psychology and related fields that can provide evidence to inform program design, (2) tracking data against specific indicators to monitor how well programs are progressing towards achieving specific goals, (3) evaluating the value and impact of programs based on desired outcomes, (4) promoting an internal culture of learning to improve program design and implementation and (5) reporting program successes and challenges to key stakeholders and community members.
The DREAM Monitoring and Evaluation Fellow will work under the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation, conducting and overseeing research projects, collecting program monitoring data, planning evaluation studies, and reporting results. The position will be based in Cabarete, Dominican Republic and include various roles within the organization’s programs, so flexibility is a very important aspect of the position.
· Assist in the development and updating of measurable program indicators within the logical framework of each DREAM program (1-2 times every calendar year).
· Ensure that staff are prepared to oversee the collection of monitoring data. If necessary, input data collected into online M&E database (Salesforce.com platform).
· Review monthly and semesterly reports submitted by program coordinators.
· Collaborate on adjustment and development of M&E calendars for each program.
· Help Alerta Joven sponsored program coordinators with preparation of the weekly/monthly donor reports and documents.
· Work with the Director of M&E to create communication plan to present program data and results back to all members of each program team.
· If applicable, help develop the annual report detailing the results of each program.
· Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree or coursework is helpful.
· Prior experience with monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management and/or research required. Prior experience using information technology (cell phones, tablets, etc.) for M&E and data collection preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
· Strong interpersonal skills and experience establishing contacts and building relationships.
· Excellent organizational skills with an eye for precision and detail.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
· Advanced Spanish skills (oral and written proficiency) required.
· High energy and positive attitude.
· Prior experience working with cross-cultural teams and/or in a developing country preferred.
Costs: Fellows commit to fundraising a specific amount to cover their expenses. Full sponsorship is available for Dominican-Americans and for candidates with relevant experience. After you have applied, email a one-page letter that demonstrates your financial need, indicates the amount of funds requested and highlights your specific qualifications for the program to email@example.com if you are applying for sponsorship.
Apply online by December 10th at https://www.dominicandream.org/yearlong-fellow-application.
The DREAM Project is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides high-quality education and learning opportunities to at-risk youth in the Dominican Republic. We believe that quality early and continuing education is the most…