Alexandria Housing Development Corporation (AHDC) is a non-profit affordable housing developer and owner. AHDC maintains over 700 units serving over 1,000 residents, exclusively located in the City of Alexandria. The housing AHDC creates serves low-to-moderate income households, in addition to providing community serving non-residential space. AHDC also supports its communities with Resident Services Programs and provides consulting services to organizations who are looking to redevelop their non-profit spaces as well.
Timeline & Location:
The Resident Services Coordinator Internship is a 10-week paid position to begin on, or around, May 24th, 2021.
AHDC follows CDC COVID-19 health and safety recommendations including mask mandates, social distancing recommendations, and disinfecting guidelines. Due to current health and safety recommendations, AHDC is operating primarily in a virtual setting. However, this position requires the team member to work onsite at least once per week.
Purpose of Position:
The Resident Services Coordinator will work to further AHDC’s mission of equity, inclusion, and diversity through housing. The team member will provide seasonal support to the Resident Services branch to develop and improve resident relations, assist with rent assistance case management, fundraising efforts, and building programs. This position will report directly to the AHDC Operations Manager.
• Provide Rent Assistance program coordination and case management services to households
• Review submitted documents for accuracy and reliability according to program guidelines
• Explore alternate resources for household support, provide information to residents about community services, and assist in completing community program applications such as SNAP, TANF, kids summer camps, etc.
• Collect, analyze, and report resident and programs data
• Support donor database management
• Provide innovative ideas to improve on programs and processes
• Collaborate with team members, branches, and community partners to maximize positive outcomes
• Collect, manage, and update resident contact information
• Provide administrative support as needed
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
• An associate degree, or have completed a minimum of two years in higher education towards a degree in Behavioral Science, Social Science, or related field
• Experience aiding individuals and groups facing difficulties such as economically disadvantaged, unemployment, abuse and neglect, substance abuse, aging, disabilities, prevention, health, inadequate housing, etc.
• Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make oneself understood to Spanish speaking individuals
• Strong organization and communication (verbal and written)
• Experience working in a professional setting with limited supervision
• Adapt positively to a fast pace work environment
• General office skills with proficiency in software programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Capacity to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, while still meeting the priorities of the position
• Proven ability to work with diverse groups of people and professionals of all levels and disciplines
• Sincere interest in career growth at AHDC
Alexandria Housing Development Corporation (AHDC) is a non-profit affordable housing developer and owner. AHDC maintains over 700 units serving over 1,000 residents, exclusively located in the City of Alexandria. The housing AHDC creates…
Please be sure to submit cover letter explaining why your qualifications and background make you a successful candidate for our internship.