Paid or academic credit internship for students with strong interest in Cybersecurity and Health IT careers. Come help us build an innovative new nonprofit dedicated to building capacity for our nation’s community health centers and other small and medium size healthcare providers serving the underserved. Health Tech Access Alliance works with community health centers and medical providers serving low-income, uninsured and Medicaid patients across the U.S. to protect patient privacy, protect against cyberthreats, and improve emergency preparedness. HTAA also trains health workers, especially women and minorities, for Health IT jobs.
Position: Cybersecurity & IT Analyst Intern
Reports to: Executive Director
Summary: The intern will work with cybersecurity and compliance experts focused on providing actionable data to small and medium healthcare organizations, including community health centers, home healthcare, and other providers. Must be motivated, see security as a way of life, and bring strong communication, research and writing skills in addition to technical information technology experience and skills. The intern will be expected to perform tasks which help them hone their understanding of online threat actors, vulnerability management, penetration testing, intelligence processes, and business risk management. Exceptionally capable, talented and motivated individuals may have the opportunity for a permanent position.
· Conduct vulnerability scans to assess for cybersecurity vulnerabilities
· Conduct penetration testing to assess system security for healthcare organizations
· Analyze data from scans and pen tests to prioritize top threats and risks
· Use analytics and intelligence gathering to identify and detect attacks, and aggregate data to recommend remediation steps to prevent future attacks
· Assist with drafting reports, graphs and charts based on scans and testing to help healthcare organizations develop remediation plans
· Assist organizations with resolving technical IT and cybersecurity issues
· Research new cybersecurity threats, risks and strategies to help healthcare organizations improve risk management and preparedness
· Technical aptitude, IT systems experience, and/or understanding of IT system skills including networking, provisioning and data center operations
· Fundamental data analysis and forensic skills
· Familiarity with or willingness to learn regulations and guidelines such as HIPAA, NIST, and COBIT
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Diligent attention to detail
Contact: Carol Loftur-Thun, Executive Director carol@HTAalliance.org
Paid or academic credit internship for students with strong interest in Cybersecurity and Health IT careers. Come help us build an innovative new nonprofit dedicated to building capacity for our nation’s community health centers and…
We invite you to apply and join our team. Please send your resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter to us via email by Monday, January 13th with "Cybersecurity IT Analyst Intern" in the subject line.
We invite you to apply and join our team. Please send your resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter to us via email by Monday, January 13th with "Cybersecurity IT Analyst Intern" in the…