Hours per week
Jalan Batu Maung, Batu Maung,
We are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active person to help drive the digital and social media strategy of the CGIAR Research Program on Fish ("FISH"), which is led by WorldFish. We need someone to support our digital communications, build up the social media presence of FISH, drive traffic to websites and amp up our content.
You will be a self-starter, unfazed by the technical content of the work and adept with new technologies. This is a tremendous opportunity for you to develop your experience in a dynamic communications department in an international research organization. Based in Penang, Malaysia, you will also get the chance to interact with other communications professionals and collaborate with staff in the regions, in Africa, Asia and the Pacific. There may be the opportunity for some travel to each of these regions.
- Assist in developing a social media strategy to raise the profile of the FISH program.
- Position the work of FISH by driving traffic to the FISH website and blog as well as increasing the audience of our LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Implement the use of other suitable social media channels.
- Work to integrate the FISH social media strategy with that of WorldFish.
- Collaborate with other WorldFish staff working in the digital space.
- Assist with:
- Identifying new content sources.
- Selecting external stories for sharing through social media.
- Drafting new content for the FISH website, including news articles and blogs.
- Other relevant activities assigned by the Head of Communications.
Qualifications and skills
- First level degree (preferably in communications/digital marketing/journalism/media relations or related field) with a strong interest in digital communications.
- Extensive knowledge of current digital and social media tools and trends.
- Good knowledge of software packages including content management systems, blog hosting platforms and design packages.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Hard working with a good work ethic and demonstrated ability to work to a deadline and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent level of English with strong writing/editing skills.
- A monthly stipend.
- A return ticket (if applicable).
- Medical insurance.
This position will be based in Penang, Malaysia. The successful candidate should be available to commence the internship as soon as possible, for a period of 12 months. This position is open to Malaysians and international applicants.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience are valued. We support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission. We are an equal opportunities employer and professionals from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
The application process is rolling. Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online https://worldfish.workable.com/jobs/710721/candidates/new by 25 May 2018:
- A cover letter stating your knowledge of and experience with social media, digital marketing and new media - including relevant classes and related work experience. Your cover letter should also demonstrate what you hope to gain from this internship.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contact details (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees should ideally be people from each of the following categories: direct supervisor, peer and/or direct report.
Screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be asked to complete a short writing test. Applicants to the previously advertised version of this position need not apply