Hours per week
30-40 Hours per week
125 Maiden Lane
The Marketing and Communications Department (MarCom) manages the website, email production, multimedia and social media projects, and design for print and digital collateral. MarCom at Hazon touches upon all the programs, events, fundraising, and educational and advocacy initiatives happening at Hazon. This internship is an opportunity to learn about the breadth and depth of the organization and get your hands into the creative messaging we use to share our work with the world. The Marketing and Communications Intern will be supervised by the Marketing and Communications Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Help with Wordpress-related website edits and Mailchimp email production
- Help manage and post on Hazon’s social media channels
- Research and post on Jewish community online calendars
- Conduct outreach to new potential audiences
- Update list of online and print media outlets
- Catalog photo and video footage and participant testimonials
- Writing, proofreading, and copyediting
We are looking for interns with the following skills and qualities:
- Excellent skills in digital media communication and production
- Excellent communication (writing, editing, and proofreading)
- Excellent organization skills
- Detail-oriented and conscientious
- Ability to work independently on projects as well as work collaboratively with others
- Creativity and a desire to take initiative and suggest fresh ideas
- Experience working with WordPress or other web platform
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Dreamweaver, InDesign, Photoshop) a plus
- Multimedia production experience a plus
How To Apply
How to Apply
· You must be able to commit to 30-40 hours of work per week. You will be expected to be in the New York City office Monday-Thursday, unless otherwise arranged with your supervisor.
· The internships will run from Monday, June 11 to Thursday, August 9.
· Please submit your resume with cover letter, names and contact information of two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the internship as the subject.
· We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until the internships are filled. We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Hazon. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
· Summer interns will be compensated $1,800 upon completion of the summer.