Hours per week
Fair Trade USA is a nonprofit organization based out of Oakland, CA that certifies major commodities. Fair Trade is an exciting alternative to “business as usual” that guarantees fair prices for farmers and farm workers around the world. We are currently in an exciting strategic phase of growth and are seeking to increase the sales of Fair Trade products in the mainstream market. We invite enthusiastic, qualified individuals to join us to change the world one cup at a time.
Overview of Internship:
An internship with the Business Development Coffee department will give you hands-on experience in learning business analytics, communications, project management, resource development, and organizational management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with resource creation and external communications relating to Fair Trade’s impact. Specifically, with the generation of producer profiles destined for coffee roasters/brands here in the USA
- Register products bearing the Fair Trade Certified logo into our online database
- Compile information for upcoming trips to coffee producing regions – for example country briefings detailing the history of the coffee industry in the given country
- Enrich and expand upon existing background information for business partners in our customer relationship management system (Salesforce)
- Support communications outreach, including scoping and executing a targeted outreach campaign to potential allies in the coffee industry
- Assist with event coordination and planning for upcoming events in the Bay Area
- Support the coffee team with additional tasks and activities as needed to drive business results
- This is an hourly paid, part-time, temporary position
What we’re looking for:
- Interest in the intersection of business, social justice, and sustainability
- Already have, or currently pursuing a B.A./B.S.
- Ability to learn quickly and self-direct when needed
- Spanish fluency (valued, but not required)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Organized and clear communicator
- Base familiarity (or willingness to learn) with impact visualization tools (like Tableau) and CRM tools (like Salesforce)
Applicants must be able to commit to at least 20 hours per week for at least 12 weeks. The tentative start date will be October 3, 2018 and will last until January 31st, 2019. This an hourly paid, part-time, temporary position.
- Collaborating with a great team of dedicated people
- Hands on opportunity to work with business intelligence and technology platforms
- Increased understanding of business to business communications and operations
- Learn principles and concepts of sustainable supply chain management in the world of coffee
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Parker Townley, Senior Business Development Manager, Coffee.