Hours per week
20+ hours a week depending on your schedule
110 West 30th Street
Administration/ Operations - Intern Position
Are you passionate about international affairs? Would you like an internship with a global organization working to empower women and men to end their own hunger and poverty? The Hunger Project is committed to the end of world hunger by 2030 – and focus our contribution in this effort on empowering communities and individuals to drive the solutions that work for them, and by partnering with like-minded groups. The Hunger Project takes a comprehensive approach – working with communities to focus on activities that will have a lasting impact on their well-being and potential.
Are you a good communicator, detail oriented, and interested in the inner workings of a non-profit? The Hunger Project is seeking an Operations Intern to support the work of the Chief of Staff/Operations Department in THP’s New York-based Global Office.
The Intern will support the Operations Department with daily tasks. The Intern will perform research assignments, gather and synthesize information, edit internal documents, analyze, strategize, and provide administrative support as-needed. Other responsibilities may be assigned as deemed appropriate.
Interns are expected to work a set schedule, approximately 20 hours per week, with flexibility for student schedules. The fall internship will last from September to December with a possibility for extension.
The Intern will be asked to:
• Have a demonstrated interest in development issues, particularly poverty, hunger and gender;
• Review documentation, compile information and produce memos and summary reports.
• Be able to work independently on projects as well as collaborate effectively as part of a team;
• Have excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking abilities;
• Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in working with a
diverse group of colleagues;
• Great writing skills
• Be proficient with Google Office and Microsoft Office Suite—particularly Excel and Word;
Other desired qualities:
• Demonstrated interest in Africa, Latin America and/or South Asia, either through travel, employment
• Graduate studies in a relevant field, such as business, international affairs, international
development, economic development, public health, human resources or another related subject
Although THP Internships are unpaid they can satisfy university credit (if applicable).
Application Deadline: Oct. 5th
This is a great opportunity to work on our Fall Gala and Retreat. You will have the chance to meet and work with our Global Country Directors and Board of Directors. We offer an exciting office environment and the chance to make a difference in the world. Come join us!