- Internship posted by The National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS, Inc. (NBLCA)
Hours per week
20 - 30 hours/week; M - F flexible between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
215 W. 125th Street
Are you a journalism or communications graduate student interested in using your skills to support the mission of NBLCA. We are recruiting interns to write multimedia stories. This is paid internship (monthly stipend) is a great opportunity to produce external communications and work on the ground on community development issues.
Understand HIV/AIDS (Hep C) epidemic and current challenges as well as the risk of different sexual activities and how behavior and prevention methods changes infection risk. Topics to be covered include: transmission; testing; at-risk populations; geographic areas most impacted; emerging issues; prevention strategies and treatment methods; structural and environmental factors; policies and advocacy.
Specific projects are tailored to the intern based on his/her strengths, skills and interests in HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C Programs priorities and needs.
Typical projects include:
- Conducting research and gather story ideas and write/produce news stories.
- Fact check, proofread, format and edit as necessary.
- Developing content for e-cards and e-blasts.
- Writing content for webpages and social media (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, blogs, Instagram, Pinterest).
- Updating and maintaining the database.
- Create videos and other multimedia communications to supplement news stories.
- Performs related duties as required.
Must be available 20 - 30 hours/week, M - F; Schedule is flexible between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
State Date: Immediately
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree candidate, preferably in Journalism or Communications with an interest in health, public health, sexual health and LGBTQ issues.
- Excellent writing, editing and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-started who can take direction and contribute ideas.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, and all social media platforms.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and at least three sample writings along with links to any articles online as well as social media platforms (if applicable).
Include in your cover letter your availability to work. PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.