EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (CSF) is looking for two interns who will be based at the Communications Department at the CSF Secretariat. The appointment will be from 15 April 2020 till 14 July 2020 and from 15 July 2020 till 14 October 2020 respectively. The Secretariat is based in Berlin, Germany.
The EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, founded in March 2011 and uniting 180 non-governmental organisations in the EU and Russia, is a platform for cooperation of civil society organisations from Russia and the EU with the purpose to develop common positions, increase cooperation between civil society organisations, coordinate their advocacy activities and make their voice stronger in interaction with the general public, governments and other stakeholders. In particular, CSF promotes people-to-people exchanges and solidarity among civil society groups, influences EU-Russia relations, joint projects and solidarity actions among civil society groups. It aims to influence EU-Russia relations for the public benefit in a wide range of public and intergovernmental interactions. The CSF is currently financed by the EU and other governmental and private donors.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week). Ideal candidates would have experiences in the field of PR and communications. Strong commitment and availability for the entire internship period are pre-requisites for the job.
The interns will be mostly responsible for communicational questions related to the 10th General Assembly in Vilnius, Lithuania (18-20 May 2020, see more at www.general-assembly.info) and the activities with the “Europe Lab” Network of Young Professionals (July 2020, see more at www.europe-lab.net):
· Events’ preparation and logistics (invitations, preparation of participants’ regular information packages, PR tasks, preparing presentations, evaluation forms, developing templates, etc.)
· Intensive communications with NGOs from 20 EU member states and Russia – CSF Forum members and supporters
· Drafting of media releases and messages
· Updates of electronic databases
· Posting of news, photos, and other content to the CSF website www.eu-russia-csf.org, the General Assembly page and the “Europe Lab” page, social media marketing
· Translation of various documents – news, statements, policy papers, etc. – from English into Russian and from Russian into English
· Protocolling of CSF meetings
· Conducting official correspondence with appropriate contacts – participants of the CSF events (e.g. speakers, participants, media, etc.)
· Working in cooperation with the Secretariat’s and office staff, in particular, with the Senior Coordinator for Public Relations
Requirements/ Job Qualification:
· Enrolment at an EU university for the entire duration of the internship according to the requirements of the German legislation
· Experience in the field of PR and communications and/ or related studies
· Advanced Internet and social media user
· Ability to prioritise and plan effectively, responsibility and engagement
· Initiative and the ability to work both in a team and on your own
· Strong problem-solving abilities, organisational and events management experience desirable
· Excellent English and Russian, knowledge of German desirable; Dutch or Lithuanian is an asset
· Wordpress experience is an asset
· 3 months position (40 hours per week) with work starting on 15 April 2020 and on 15 July 2020 respectively
· Interesting job in a growing and innovative international project, involving interaction with leading non-governmental actors in the EU and Russia
· Friendly working atmosphere and competent multicultural staff
· Monthly compensation of EUR 350 (all the costs – accommodation, board, possibly relocation costs, etc. - are borne by an intern or the sending organisation)
EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (CSF) is looking for two interns who will be based at the Communications Department at the CSF Secretariat. The appointment will be from 15 April 2020 till 14 July 2020 and from 15 July 2020 till 14 October 2020…
Please send your application until 5 March 2020 (letter of motivation and CV) to Sergei Tereshenkov, Senior Coordinator for Public Relations of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, at email@example.com.
Interviews will take place on 10 and 11 March 2020 in Berlin or via Skype. The introduction of work will take place in the third week of April 2020 or in the third week of July 2020 respectively.
For more information on the work of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum see:
Please send your application until 5 March 2020 (letter of motivation and CV) to Sergei Tereshenkov, Senior Coordinator for Public Relations of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum…