Hours per week
Outward Bound Costa Rica inspires a lifetime of leadership, growth and a commitment to serve though adventure-based learning to international and Costa Rican students.
Participants on our courses include high school and college-age students from diverse international backgrounds. Additionally, we offer Custom Courses for adults, educators, social/business groups and families. Courses are anywhere from 7-85 days.
Our Communications Office is a collaborative team of four full-time staff members responsible for enrollment, marketing and customer service tasks organization-wide. Our team works to increase course participation across all target audiences and ensure excellent customer service—from prospective students, to families of students currently on course, to alumni and partners.
To intern at Outward Bound Costa Rica, you don’t have to be an expert in outdoor adventure or Costa Rica—in fact, we love people who are curious and eager to learn and we are happy to help you grow. But, we do look for driven individuals who are not afraid to jump right in.
Role of Video Production & Logistics Intern
You’re role on our team is to assist with high season logistics and be a storyteller—crafting scripts and compelling videos to share with thousands of our followers. Video production and photography are essential for us to communicate what our unique programs offer each student and who we are behind the scenes. This internship will provide you with invaluable content creation skills and will teach you how to strategically market assets to a social following.
The months of June to August is our organizations high season, during which approximately 250-350 students travel to and from Costa Rica to participate in our courses ranging from 1 to 8 weeks. In addition to crafting photo and video content, we are looking for someone who is willing to jump in and assist with student logistics, which includes airport runs and participant evaluations. You’ll be supporting the entire organization, the marketing team and report to our Media & Marketing Manager.
Some of the time would be spent engaging with students, but the majority of the time will be spent in the office, with responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing student arrivals and departures at the airport during high season.
- Issuing, collecting, and compiling all participant evaluations.
- Gathering photos that instructors take from course and organizing them in our databases.
- Being a creative force of content idea generation.
- Producing promotional videos for our new website to be online this coming Fall.
- Interviewing students on camera and off camera for quotes.
- Leading post production efforts from editing and audio to compression, formatting and exporting.
- Drafting social media copy to publish created content.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Strong photography and video production skill set with a portfolio of demonstrated work
- Demonstrated expertise in editing software including: Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and Lightroom
- Experience in leading a production workflow
- English writing and proofreading skills
- Conversational Spanish speaking skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated interest in education and/or study abroad programs
- Positive attitude & a sense of humor
Outward Bound Costa Rica does not provide any filming or editing equipment, and you are responsible for bringing your own computer and software. This would include the following:
- DSLR camera with video capabilities and lenses
- Adobe video editing software
- Audio equipment (Shotgun and/or lapel mic)
- Waterproof casing and equipment
Duration of Contract
The contract period is February through August 2018. Actual dates of arrival and departure will be agreed upon at contract signing.
- A monthly stipend covering basic costs such as food and local transportation.
- Room in a shared house or bed in shared dorm and kitchen on our main base (located SE of San Jose in San Ramon de Tres Rios) – all utilities included (water, electricity, phone, cable TV, wireless internet)
- Travelers insurance – Visit WorldNomads.com for more information on their “Explorer Plan” coverage.
- Access to approved Outward Bound Costa Rica course activities & equipment for personal use.
- Use of Manuel Antonio beach base when not working & when approved by the Program Director.
NOTE: Airfare to and from Costa Rica is NOT included.
How To Apply
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, resume, and samples of your photo and video work to Brynna Rao, Media & Marketing Manager, at email@example.com. Specify “Video Production & Logistics Intern Application” in the subject line. Be sure to include details on your availability, both for interviews and ultimate start date, as well as how you heard about this job opportunity. No phone calls please.
Deadline to Submit
Applications are due as soon as possible, but no later than May 20, 2018.