Hours per week
20 hours/week, possibility of additional hours depending on interest
- Federal and State Policy Work
- Conduct background research and write research memoranda, prepare Powerpoint presentations, and draft blog posts on various federal and state policy K-12 and higher education issues
- Identify and summarize news articles on relevant education policy and practice topics
- Conduct quick turn-around ad-hoc assignments, e.g. creating a source citation document for op-eds, providing supporting links for blog posts, providing citations for policy papers
- Communications Work
- Develop draft tweets and Facebook posts for the DFER and ERN Twitter and Facebook accounts to advance policy team’s work and advocacy agenda
- Build DFER and ERN Twitter and Facebook followers
- Update our email contact lists
- Craft and manage our weekly email newsletter and other creative media as needed
- Administrative Support to office manager as needed.
Qualifications and Experience: Current or recently graduated undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in education or policy-related field. Experience in education policy is preferred. Candidates must have strong research and writing skills.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional or academic references.