Hours per week
12-16 hours per week
1101 14th Street, NW
Reports to: Chief Program and Strategy Officer
Purpose of Position:
The Public Policy Intern (Intern) position is designed to provide a learning opportunity to an interested and qualified student. The Intern would assist with some operational activities (including advocacy-related meetings and events) and public policy activities (supporting the development of web-based product designed to track pending legislation and coalition activities related to the human service sector).
- Assist with research, data analyses, and written content to support National Assembly’s human service public policy grant project
- Assist with the data collection process through internet research, peer surveys and interviews and input information into a database
- Remain up to date about National Assembly’s, and National Assembly members’, policy priorities and provide analysis/research support for these needs
- Provide logistical support for meetings and assist the Chief Program and Strategy Officer
- Assist with other tasks that fit within a learning plan, as agreed upon with supervisor/adviser
- Graduate student or junior/senior undergraduate
- Students majoring in public policy or nonprofit management preferred
- Must be able to work onsite at the National Assembly office in downtown Washington, D.C.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience with any of the above activities is a plus, but not required
Duration: Spring 2019; total of 10 to 12 weeks, depending on candidate’s semester schedule
Hours: 12 to 16 hours per week during the spring semester 2019; flexible between Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Compensation: May be used for credit if approved by candidate’s institution; travel stipend available.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel stipend available; can be used for college credit if approved by candidate’s institution
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample of between five and 10 pages to email@example.com.