$2750 and a metro card
35 West 124th Street
Harlem Village Academies
Join an incredible community of educators who are passionate about progressive pedagogy while embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for student learning. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
The School Operations Intern at Harlem Village Academies will assist school leaders with preparations for the upcoming school year. This internship is a great opportunity for talented students to learn more about school logistics and operations, while working closely with seasoned school leaders. Interns will directly contribute to the launch of a successful school year by supporting operational projects across a variety of domains, including procurement, technology, human resources, and facilities management.
Throughout the summer, interns will gain access to top-notch professional development sessions facilitated by some of the greatest education leaders in the country. This internship is particularly valuable for candidates considering work in education reform after college.
Our ideal candidate is a highly organized, driven individual with strong time-management skills, a commitment to education reform, and an interest in school operations and event management. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the below:
- Organize and prepare classrooms for the 2018-19 school year
- Carry out special projects on behalf of school leadership
- Assist with ordering and tracking of school supplies
- Update student information files
- Additional projects and administrative duties as needed
- High school senior or working toward a bachelor’s degree
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate with various school and community constituencies, as well as outside vendors
- Strong team player with a willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to support a successful school year launch
- Excel skills are a plus
How To Apply
First, learn about us! Review our website and consider whether Harlem Village Academies is the place for you. If your skills and experience are a match for this role, please apply through the careers section of our website.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff.
Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply through the Careers section of our website: http://bit.ly/HVA-Careers.