Hours per week
20-40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
1880 Boston Road
The McCarton Foundation
The McCarton Foundation is a nonprofit organization on a mission to educate and empower children with autism in underserved communities. We believe in the ability that exists within every child with autism, and that all children deserve access to the treatment and services that will allow them to meet their full potentials. We are currently launching a new early intervention center in the Bronx, and we are looking for passionate people who share our beliefs and commitment to making the world a better place for children with autism and their families.
The Executive Assistant Intern will support the CEO with day-to-day tasks. These tasks include communicating with internal team as well as donors and families, scheduling meetings, handling travel details, preparing materials for meetings, and assisting with donor communication and mailing projects.
As a McCarton Foundation intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team representing a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and fun, including monthly team events. Come work with us to help transform the lives of children with autism.
· Answer, prioritize and screen incoming phone calls and voicemail messages
· Assist in managing CEO’s inbox and communicating via email on CEO’s behalf
· Manage the CEO’s calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, calls, and conferences
· Travel scheduling and booking for the CEO
· Prepare material and taking notes for meetings
· Maintain confidential relationships: enter and edit data in Salesforce database
· Write and post regularly on social media channels
· Create and edit new content for foundation’s blog
· Maintain office supplies inventory and order supplies as needed
· Other duties related to operations and administration
· Research and outreach to new prospective partners
· Special projects as needed on an on-going basis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Strong critical thinking skills
· Strong basic working knowledge of in-office technologies (printer, copier, fax, etc)
· Computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Commitment to using and updating Salesforce database
Minimum 20 hours per week required, 30-40 hours preferred, for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 2 to 3 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our Manhattan and Bronx offices 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday).
· Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a powerful impact
· Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
· Increase your understanding of and alignment with the autism community
· Collaborate within a positive team atmosphere
· Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment
· Career mentoring with CEO as well as Founder & Executive Director of the McCarton Foundation
· For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
We will also reimburse for transportation such as monthly metro card.
How To Apply
Email your resume, cover letter, two writing samples (two pages max), and three professional references with contact information (phone and email) to email@example.com with "Executive Assistant Intern" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
The McCarton Foundation is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.