TAP Network Graphic and Web Design Internship
- Internship posted by Transparency, Accountability & Participation (TAP) Network
205 West 42nd Street
Position Decription: TAP Network Graphic and Web Design Internship
The TAP Network is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a 3 to 6 month Graphic and Web Design Internship, who will have the opportunity to provide design and communications and outreach support to a thriving network of civil society actors working around the UN’s 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs). This internship will run for a period of between three and six months.
TAP Network Internships will provide numerous opportunities for taking on important responsibilities for the Network, with this intern expected to design and produce key digital media products to promote the work of the TAP Network, and generally promote the work of the United Nations and the 2030 Agenda/SDGs.
What you’ll ideally bring to the TAP Network:
- Expertise and experience in graphic and web design, with previous work with an NGO/non-profits a plus
- Strong desire to learn and ability to absorb and share information
- Ability to work in a team environment, but to take on long-term tasks independently and deliver high-quality outputs
Your qualifications should ideally also include:
- Expertise and previous experience in graphic design, including the Adobe Creative Suite of tools is essential (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Background and experience in website design and HTML (experience with wordpress is a plus)
- Previous work with large amounts of information and data, including proficiency in excel and other online management tools such as google docs, google groups, etc.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of a foreign language (particularly Spanish or French) is a plus
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess prior experience/knowledge of the United Nations system and political processes, particularly around the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs (specifically SDG16).
What the TAP Network will bring for you:
- Platform to showcase yourself and your portfolio to hundreds of experts and NGOs/non-profits from all around the world, all of whom engage with the TAP Network’s work through the promotional and outreach materials that you’ll be producing.
- Unparalleled access to the UN Headquarters in New York, most notably around key conferences and events around the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, including the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development, UN General Assembly and other key meetings throughout the course of the year.
- Opportunity to contribute significantly to a key network of civil society actors working around the 2030 Agenda and SDG16 on issues of peace, justice, governance and strong institutions, in addition to networking opportunities and ability to liaise with UN staff, diplomats, civil society members from around the world.
- Hands-on experience and responsibilities in helping manage a wide-ranging and multi-faceted international programme. Pro-active and entrepreneurial candidates also could choose to take up further international outreach and advocacy work around the UN and the SDGs agenda.
Key responsibilities of this internship include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and developing highly-visible promotional materials and other digital media products for the TAP Network, including flyers, graphics, reports, web pages, etc.
- Designing and maintaining key web pages and platforms, including pages to showcase the work of TAP’s Members and Partners and other TAP resources
- Exploration of a re-design process for the TAP Network’s website
- Working with TAP’s Members and Partners databases to ensure effective and efficient communication amongst the TAP community
- Help coordinate relevant meetings, events, conference calls and workshops for the Network, and generate agendas, minutes and any other materials needed to advance TAP coordination and advocacy, as needed
- Assist in administrative duties and overall grant management for the programme, as needed
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “TAP Network Internship Application – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
About the TAP Network
The Transparency, Accountability & Participation (TAP) Network is a broad and influential network of over 300 civil society organizations (CSOs) that works around the UN’s 2030 Agenda and Sustainable Development Goals – with a particular focus on SDG16 on peace, justice, governance and strong institutions. The TAP Network collectively works to mobilize and empower civil society at all levels to work with and hold governments accountable to SDG16 commitments and the 2030 Agenda more broadly.
The TAP Network engages some of the foremost expert organizations on the issues of transparency, accountability and participatory governance. TAP benefits from the invaluable expertise, experiences and unique perspectives of its members and partners, all of whom come together to collaborate on joint work and common positions under the TAP Network umbrella. This work is underpinned by recognition that we maximize reach and influence when many stakeholders speak with a unified voice.
The TAP Network’s over-arching goals are to support, contribute and strengthen capacity of civil society stakeholders to work on issues of transparency, accountability and participation in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda at the global and national levels, with a particular focus on SDG 16 which underpins the entirety of the 2030 Agenda.
Through this work, the TAP Network aims to:
- Provide the tools and support to civil society organizations (CSOs) to understand, work with, and hold governments accountable to SDG16 at all levels
- Help CSOs hold governments accountable to the 2030 Agenda and SDGs, including through civil society reporting and engagement in National Voluntary Reviews
- Mobilize, organize and help empower civil society working around SDG16 and 2030 Agenda accountability through regional and national-level coordination and collaboration
For more information about the TAP Network and our work, visit our website at www.tapnetwork2030.org
The TAP Network is fiscally sponsored by the Proteus Fund who partners with foundations, advocates, and individual donors to advance democracy, human rights, and peace.
Proteus Fund and the TAP Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental handicap, whistleblower status, or any other category protected by state or federal law. Proteus Fund and TAP Network’s policies and practices are to reflect commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment.