Hours per week
Min. 15 hours a week
36 Cooper Square
Homes for the Homeless (HFH) and its affiliates are expanding rapidly to continue the mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
About the Opportunity:
We seek a proactive and polished Marketing Intern for Spring 2018 with potential for Summer 2018. The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Senior Public Affairs Associate to strategize, plan, and execute marketing and communications plans and campaigns. Our campaigns will support a range of community living centers around the city, ranging from independent residences for senior citizens to Summer camps for homeless children. Our ideal candidate has a desire to gain hands-on experience in advertising, marketing, and communications, while serving a larger mission in a nonprofit environment.
You Will Learn How To:
· Assist with media buys and ad campaigns -research, analyze, and negotiate with media sales reps across print, broadcast, and digital platforms.
· Manage digital and print ad production deadlines with internal staff, vendors, and media
· Contribute to the creation of direct mail and other marketing materials
· Coordinate and update mailing lists.
· Obtain bids and coordinate purchasing of related items, such as premium items
· Assist with photo shoots and marketing such events as open houses, workshops, and exhibits.
· Review weekly and monthly analytic for ads, specific campaigns, direct mailings, website, and other lead generators.
· Update web content (WordPress), as needed.
· Assist with administrative duties as needed.
· Current college student with a major in communications, marketing, or advertising
· Excellent writer and copy editor.
· Ability to work with outside vendors and internal clients at all levels of the organization.
· Self-motivated problem solver capable of working as part of a team.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to learn PR, CMS, and marketing technology systems quickly
· Experience with WordPress, Basecamp, and Hootsuite a plus.
At least 15 hours a week (2 full work days) through May 2018.
HFH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.