$1,000/month for full-time availability. Part-time work will be considered and prorated accordingly.
Hours per week
15-40 hours / week
Empire State Building
Overview of the Human Rights Foundation
HRF is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization that promotes and protects human rights globally, with a focus on closed societies. Our work includes effective campaigns to free political prisoners, world-class events such as the Oslo Freedom Forum, and programs such as Flash Drives for Freedom that publicize human rights violators and directly support dissidents and human rights defenders at risk.
Overview of the position
The Graphic Design Intern is responsible for providing support to the Strategy team through a variety of channels, print, digital, web, video and other as assigned. The Graphic Design intern will assist with the development and design of HRF graphics, logos, collateral, and event and promotional materials, as well as a variety of other creative tasks as assigned.
The Graphic Design Intern reports to the Graphic Design Specialist and is a member of the Strategy team.
- Source content for design outputs
- Draft visual content to support development and communications teams
- Draft promotional materials for HRF’s programs and events
- Prepare images for social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), newsletter, etc.
- Create infographics for HRF’s research team
- Support communications team on email and social media marketing
- Organize and track design outputs such as books, brochures, letterhead, envelopes, etc.
- Organize and catalog design materials for events
- Assist with content updates on our website (Wordpress).
- Assist with general requests from HRF’s graphic designer.
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and information design
- Studying graphic design or a closely related major
- Experience using Keynote
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), motion graphic creation and video editing experience preferred (FinalCut, Premier, or After Effects)
- Familiarity with MailChimp