ABOUT THE JOB:
The Small Enterprise Foundation (SEF) is a developmental microfinance NGO, with over 200 000 clients, which alleviates poverty by enabling self-employment through micro-enterprise. We are dedicated to reaching the most disadvantaged in rural communities and currently work in such communities throughout most of South Africa. SEF’s methodology is based on the industry standard of group lending but The Research and Development (R&D) department at SEF is committed to improving the products and services that we offer, which has led to the creation of the Individual Liability Programme (ILP). The ILP aims to give clients a larger choice set with respect to their loans and forms the basis of future tailor-made products. The ILP endeavours to expand clients’ access to credit that is best suited to them without unduly exposing the organisation to risk. In addition to the ILP, there are a number of projects running within R&D, including ones that focus on encouraging savings behaviour amongst clients, providing impactful financial education, product development, and social performance monitoring. The ILP team seeks to appoint an intern to assist with the smooth running and methodological development of the ILP.
The intern will be based in Johannesburg and will be required to work onsite and remotely. SEF provides all interns with accommodation and a monthly stipend.
JOB REQUIREMENTS / SPECIFICATIONS
1. Tertiary qualification in Economics, Development, or related field (relevant work experience in data analytics will be considered in the absence of a tertiary qualification)
2. Proven ability to use Microsoft Office, specifically a high skill level in Excel
3. Proven ability to compile and write reports in English
4. Excellent communication skills in two South African languages
5. Ability to conduct field research (e.g. interviews with clients)
1. An enthusiasm for problem solving
2. Good communication with a wide variety of people
3. Work independently while forming part of a team
4. Innovative thinking
5. Willing to travel to rural areas
1. Assist in the analysis, reporting, and systems management of the ILP
2. On the ground analysis and implementation of the ILP
3. As needed assistance on other new and ongoing projects
How to apply
Interested candidates should send CV/Resume and a cover letter, Certified ID Copy, Matric Certificate and Qualification/s to email@example.com
Application deadline: [25 January 2021]
NB: Any incomplete or late application will not be considered
Should you not hear from us three weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Small Enterprise Foundation (SEF) is a developmental microfinance NGO, with over 200 000 clients, which alleviates poverty by enabling self-employment through micro-enterprise. We are dedicated to reaching the most…