Depending upon experience
Hours per week
This is a virtual part-time position (15-20 hours per week), with flexible hours, but will require a minimum six-month commitment.
WBW Programs Overview: WBW offers high school youth week-long educational programs at both high school and university campus settings. Programs range from in-state, regional, to international in scope. There are currently three key programs focused on major industry sectors of Business, Healthcare and Manufacturing.
Position Overview: WBW’s Development and Program internship will provide hands on experience to graduate students interested in a career in nonprofit management and fundraising. The Development and Program intern will assist with the administration and coordination of WBW’s programs. The intern will also provide support on grants, fundraising campaigns, and events.
The Programs Intern will be expected to:
- Coordinate and/or assist with coordination of programs, including (but not limited to) orientation sessions for volunteers, students, and larger fundraising events.
- Manage the intake process for students and company advisors
- Assist with communications and marketing of 2019 programs
- Assist with ongoing evaluation and analysis of current programming
- Assist with documents and research needed for growth planning
- Process financial documents and assist with accounting for programs
- Provide general operational support
- Assist with management and maintenance of donor relations
- Assist with planning and implementing fundraising events
- Researching/Identifying prospective grant sources for projects and programs
- Assist with maintaining a grants calendar
- Researching grant-making organizations and analyzing them to identify likely funding sources for specific clients and their programs
- Assist with compiling grant applications and any necessary support materials
- Assist with grant writing and reporting
· In-progress/completed Bachelor’s degree
· Experience working with high school students
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
· Excellent computer skills including MS Office suite and social networking tools
· Strong personnel and program management, critical thinking and problem-solving ability
*Employment contingent on annual background check of criminal history information through the WSP.