1109 5th Avenue
The Collections Management department of the Jewish Museum is offering an exciting internship for a college student to conduct data-cleanup, research, and record cataloguing as well as general administrative support related to the permanent collection. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to pursue a career in museums and to observe the inner workings of managing museum collections. The internship will provide hands-on training, working with the most commonly used collections management database, TMS. It will also present an opportunity to learn how museums organize and document their collections.
The intern will receive a museum identification card that allows for free admission to other museums and various discounts.
- Assist Collections Manager with archival maintenance such as filing, document researching, and photocopying as required.
- Identify missing information for unknown object records in TMS by using digital images to identify object types, materials, artists, marks & inscriptions, etc.
- Enter and edit information in TMS following the guidelines set forth in the Jewish Museum’s data-entry standards.
- Use art-historical and/or Jewish culture knowledge to help identify and tag works in the collection with searchable keywords.
- Digitize old images to help with a special archaeology research project.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student majoring in Art History, Decorative Arts, or Judaic Studies preferred
- Computer savvy with data-entry experience
- TMS experience a plus
- A strong attention to detail and excellent writing skills
How To Apply
Send Resume with Cover Letter and Intern Application To:
Human Resources Coordinator
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from diverse candidates.