Promundo-US, an international non-governmental organization working to promote gender equality and violence prevention, seeks a paid, part-time Research and Evaluation Intern to work remotely with our research team. This position will form part of Promundo’s research team.
Founded in Brazil in 1997, Promundo works to promote gender equality and create a world free from violence by engaging men and boys in partnership with women and girls. Promundo is a global consortium with members in the United States, Brazil, Portugal, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Chile that collaborate to achieve this mission by conducting cutting-edge research that builds the knowledge base on masculinities and gender equality; developing, evaluating, and scaling up high-impact gender-transformative interventions and programs; and carrying out national and international campaigns and advocacy initiatives to prevent violence and promote gender justice. For more information, see: www.promundoglobal.org.
Assist Promundo research staff on (mostly) quantitative research projects related to gender, masculinities, health, and similar topics, including:
● Supporting data cleaning and preparation (in Stata), including mapping study questionnaires against datasets, merging datasets, creating composites and recoding variables, and supporting data quality checks.
● Contributing to the development of questionnaires and other research, monitoring, and evaluation tools.
● Conducting literature searches and retrieving articles and reports, summarizing research, and contributing to literature reviews and other desk research.
● Contributing to/drafting reports, briefs, blogs based on quantitative and qualitative data for both research and non-research audiences.
● Generating data visualizations (using Tableau) for reports, briefs and other outward facing products for both research and non-research audiences.
Required Qualifications or Skills
● Master’s student or undergraduate degree with strong focus on quantitative research methods and statistics preferred.
● Experience with quantitative data cleaning, preparation and analysis using Stata required.
● Experience interpreting and writing reports based on quantitative data.
● Excellent writing skills; experience with writing literature reviews and research summaries preferred.
● Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
● Knowledge of gender, global health, international development, and/or social justice issues preferred.
● Language skills in Spanish and/or French will be an asset.
● Personal characteristics: Proactive, able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize well, with strong self-motivation, quick learner, flexible, reliable, and in possession of a sense of humor.
● Flexible start date: but beginning as early as March 15, 2021
● Ability to commit to internship for 16-20 hours/week for a period of three to six months (ability to commit to a six-month internship preferred)
Promundo-US, an international non-governmental organization working to promote gender equality and violence prevention, seeks a paid, part-time Research and Evaluation Intern to work remotely with our research team. This…
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Research & Evaluation Internship.” Consolidate all documents into one PDF labeled FirstName_LastName_Research:
2) cover letter addressed to Kate Doyle
3) short writing sample (no more than 2 pages; it can be an excerpt of a larger text)
Deadline: no later than March 10, 2021.
Though the internship is remote, Promundo-US is a DC-based employer. For tax purposes, you must have residence in DC, MD, or VA.
Please indicate if you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Research & Evaluation Internship.” Consolidate all documents into one PDF labeled…