Summer Internship - Arts Administration, Harlem School of the Arts
- Internship posted by The Harlem School of the Arts
Hours per week
flexible, prefer at least three days per week
645 Saint Nicholas Avenue
Harlem School of the Arts 2018 Summer Internship Opportunity
Harlem School of the Arts seeks dynamic and highly motivated individuals for its summer internship program. Interns will have the opportunity to add value in creating more efficient operations and internal procedures. Interns will receive well-rounded exposure to several areas Arts Administration and in return, will have the satisfaction of contributing to this important historical cultural institution. Every effort is made to custom-design an experience that meets the objectives of the intern and the needs of the organization.
Interns will work under the supervision of the Chief Administrative Officer of Harlem School of the Arts. A variety of projects across multiple departments will be assigned.
These exciting positions require self starters with an analytical mindset and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Suitable candidates must be able to manage deadlines in a fast-paced work environment. Interest in working with strategy, communications, financial operations, youth, educators, and the arts is key. Strong administrative and computer skills (Excel, Word, etc.) and proven research abilities are fundamental. This position requires creative thinking, strong independent work skills and intellectual curiosity.
Interns may work for one or more of the following functional areas:
· Budgeting/Finance: Support Bursar and Finance Departments by providing forecasting, reporting, and data analytics. Exceptional spreadsheet and organization skills required.
· Administration/Operations: Provide administrative support for internal departments to improve efficiencies, track student information, enter and manage data, and standardize procedures across the organization.
· Marketing/Communications: Support enrollment and event promotion by providing administrative support which may include research, writing, and reporting. Support outreach to students, families and arts organizations in the greater New York metropolitan area. Contribute to growth through execution of targeted communications and social media initiatives.
· Human Resources: Support Chief Administrative Officer with projects related to Human Resources function. Assignments may include cross-departmental initiatives, regulatory compliance reporting, and other general administrative tasks.
· Arts Education: Work on analytical projects related to initiatives that may include some or all of the creative disciplines at HSA: Art, Music, Dance, and Theater.
· Pursuing BS/BA
· Organized self-starter able to work independently
· Proficiency with Excel and a comfort working with numbers
· An interest in nonprofit administration and the arts
· Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills
· Spanish Language skills a plus
A stipend is available.
How To Apply
To apply for the Harlem School of the Arts internship program please submit a resume and cover letter to Lynne Toye, Chief Administrative Officer, at email@example.com. Please indicate Internship in the subject line.