2318 Mill Road
Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA based internship. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
We are looking for a highly motivated IT HelpDesk Intern to provide support for our Integrated Media & Technology department. The intern will apply their troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to provide Tier 1 service desk support for ASCO employees, answer queries on basic technical issues, follow-up on requests and escalate as needed, and resolve issues. The goal is for the intern to enhance their IT and customer service skills, while being exposed to enterprise IT systems, web ticketing systems and Office 365.
Internship Activities Include:
- Serving as the first point of contact for internal customers seeking technical assistance over the phone and email
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate BA/BS degree program or graduate program, or recently graduated from a 4-year degree program in Information Technology or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Office 365 preferred
- Superior customer service skills
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Duration: 10 weeks during Spring 2019. Start and end dates to be customized based on successful candidate’s class schedules. This internship is approximately 25 hours per week with flexibility.
Compensation: This spring internship position is paid. Additionally, ASCO will provide parking or a metro subsidy to the successful candidate.
Other: Candidates should reside in the D.C. metro area or be able to relocate at their own expense.
To apply for this internship, please submit your resume and a cover letter.