$250 minimum, or $2,500 if we meet our fundraising goal.
Hours per week
2-3 hours daily, M-F, February - April 2018
We are seeking a Sponsorship Manager Intern to assist with our exciting AfroOchoDance series coming up in September 2018 and February 2019. Our sponsorship manager will be a main point of contact for our event sponsors, and will also play an important role in securing sponsorships. Our dance series consists of 8 consecutive days of Afro-Cuban dance performances in Miami's Little Havana arts district, with each performance commemorating various individuals of African descent: Afro-Cuban, Afro-Latino, African-American, etc. Read more at AfroOchoDance.com
- Secure sponsorships;
- Obtain signed sponsorship agreements;
- Obtain logos and other necessary materials from sponsors;
- Work with graphic designer to make sure proper sponsor logos are on the postcards we are using for the series (a different postcard for each event, so therefore 16 different postcards, because the series takes place in both September 2018 and February 2019);
- Update documents/spreadsheets with information about our sponsors, amount donated, etc.;
- Communicate with existing sponsors as needed.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills;
- Experience in fundraising (preferred);
- Bilingual: English & Spanish;
- Excellent contacts/networking ability with sponsors likely to support this series (e.g., African diaspora, dance, Cuba-related, etc.);
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Must live in South Florida, preferably in Miami-Dade;
You will work from home but you will need to be meeting sponsors in person, and so this position requires that you live in South Florida, preferably in Miami/Miami-Dade County.
We are recipient of a 2018 Knight Arts Challenge from the 2018. If we raise our matching funds, we will receive our $25,000 funding and can pay you $2,500. If we exceed our fundraising goal, we may be able to pay you more.
- We can write a great letter of recommendation for you;
- Access to all VIP events related to the series;
- We will post your bio and photo on the website and help promote YOU;
- Get access to not only the producer's network but to the network of our Advisory Council;
- You can work from home but you need to live in South Florida.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
How To Apply
Please send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and why we should pick YOU.