Hours per week
4 hours-6 hr/week ..flexible hours can be arranged
15 Channel Center St.
The intern serves as an administrative/marketing assistant for our dynamic non-profit artistic collective of artists who us their art for social change. OWLL’s mission is to create culturally specific theater productions intersecting a female perspective in the context of race, class, and social injustice. OWLL’s productions serve as basis for deep community listening, transformation and the development of a new narrative activism for women for girls and their community's future.
Location: Midway Studios 15 Channel Center St. Boston MA. 02210
- Manages OWLL’s website and social media
- Enters donations and grant funding received in the database.
- Maintain files and dates of correspondence of current grant submissions and reports
- Proofreads script copy when time allows.
- Prepares correspondence as needed.
- Answers questions about the agency and provides forms when necessary
- Prints out a list of activities involved in rehearsals that take place at the agency's studio and/or artistic project directors locations.
- Makes reminder phone calls to other volunteers and artists who assigned to projects
- Other duties as assigned.
Time Commitment: 4 -6 hours /week
Qualifications: Basic knowledge of social media and data entry. Detail oriented. Professional presence and demeanor Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability.
Support: Training for this position will be provided. The members of the artist collective directing projects will be will be available for questions and assistance.
Age Requirement: None
Dress Code: Casual
The intern will learn project management skills within the framework of theater artists and context of community activism
We have just returned from performing our newest piece Humanity Not Statistics:Hope Unheard at a conference for scholars and artists addressing the issue of prison reform and homelessness from a female perspective.
Feedback was so positive with encouragement for us to bring our performance to colleges we decided to go forth with marketing it .
We're broke but fun and need your help!