Event Planning - Support Winter Gala - Paid Internship Jan-Feb 2019 (part-time, temporary, seasonal)
- Internship posted by Canadian Entrepreneurs in New England
Hours per week
CENE's mission is to connect successful Canadians based in the Boston area to support their compatriots as they launch tech and life science companies back in Canada. This 1-month internship is focused on organizing our annual Gala held on 2/7/19. The Gala brings together our community of Boston-based Canadians, our partners in Canada, and Canadian entrepreneurs. This opportunity is ideal for students interested in event planning, marketing, nonprofit management, international relations, business, entrepreneurship, and more.
General responsibilities will include:
- Help plan and execute event logistics
- Support social media strategy and make website updates
- Design sponsorship materials
- Send event reminders via Mailchimp
- Possibility to assist with other ongoing projects
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You have natural curiosity and are eager to grow into areas you don't know about yet
- You are eager to take responsibility for projects and driven to complete them on time
- You are available at least 3 days/week (15-20 hours) during normal business hours during the month of January 2019 through the event on 2/7/19 and are available to work the full day and evening of the event
- You're quick and comfortable with online tasks and basic software such as MS Office and Google Docs. We use Mailchimp, Wix, and Canva regularly - it's a plus if you know those programs already.
Our primary work space is the CIC (Cambridge Innovation Center) with locations in Kendall Square and the Financial District, though some meetings may happen at other locations in the Boston/Cambridge area. Working from home is a possibility for some of the work.
How To Apply
To apply please email Lia O’Donnell, Executive Director the following at email@example.com:
- Cover letter (include the days of the week and times you are available for the internship, as well as start and end dates possible)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a deadline of 12/15/18, so interested applicants are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration.