2318 Mill Road
Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA based internship. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
We are looking for a highly motivated Marketing Intern to provide support for our Marketing, Licensing and Sales department. The intern will curate and perform annual maintenance of ASCO University Bookstore products in collaboration with stakeholders and marketing team members. The goal of this internship is to offer hands-on marketing experience and exposure to the areas of online marketing, copywriting and keyword marketing.
Internship Activities Include:
- Reviewing current list of active products in the ASCO University Bookstore and assigning products to (up to 3) product categories
- Identifying outdated categories and identifying new product categories
- Removing outdated products from Pinnacle shopping cart
- Providing inventory disposition instructions to fulfillment vendor IFC to clear out old physical products
- Reviewing remaining active products keywords and recommended product assignments, and making any necessary changes based on product categories and popular products
- Refreshing product descriptions where needed
- Refreshing ASCO University and Cancer.net promotional blurbs
- Looking up marketing tracking code results on Adobe Analytics and updating marketing reports accordingly
- Working with designers to update/refresh print and digital ads
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate BA/BS degree program or graduate program, or recently graduated from a 4-year degree program in Marketing or a related field
- Keen knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of the primary responsibilities of a marketing department
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills
- Collaborative attitude and sense of teamwork
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Duration: 10 weeks during Spring 2019. Start and end dates to be customized based on successful candidate’s class schedules. This internship is approximately 20 hours per week with flexibility.
Compensation: This spring internship position is paid. Additionally, ASCO will provide parking or a metro subsidy to the successful candidate.
Other: Candidates should reside in the D.C. metro area or be able to relocate at their own expense.
To apply for this internship, please submit your resume and a cover letter.