GEMS’ Survivor Leadership Institute and Resource Center (SLI) is a multimedia platform to support survivors nationwide. SLI is committed to developing authentic leadership roles and sustainable economic opportunities for survivors across the county both within and outside the movement.
With guidance from the SLI Team and GEMS’ Founder & President, the SLI Events Intern’s primary role is to plan and execute logistics for all SLI related events, including the annual Emerging Leaders Conference, monthly webinars, Youth Leadership events, and SLI TA Training.
Internships are open to students enrolled in undergraduate programs as current or rising juniors and seniors, as well as students in graduate programs or working professionals.
This is a paid internship.
Responsibilities and Duties
Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position, but is not limited to :
· Support all aspects of the Emerging Leaders Conference planning process, including preparing event materials, collaboration with contractors, venue identification, menu development and budget tracking
· Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
· Update and manage event attendee databases
· Interact with survivors across the country
· Keep up-to-date on latest CSEC policy, news, and research
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong research, analytical, organizational and writing skills. Prior coursework in social work, psychology, mental health counseling, human rights or public policy is highly preferred. All candidates should have a proven ability to translate complex information into clear and accessible language. SLI Events Intern's must be able to work independently and also be effective in a collaborative team environment, and be able juggle priorities in a fast-changing work environment.
· Experience with planning, supporting or managing 2-3 major events highly preferred
· Eligible to work in U.S.A
· Fluency with GEMS’ mission in ending commercial sexual exploitation and domestic trafficking (CSEC)
· Comfortable meeting deadlines and working on multiple projects at once
· Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
· Ability to manage and organize databases
· Comfortable with connecting to new people and maintaining relationships with survivors of CSEC
· Must be able to commit at least 15 hours per week
Attention to Detail
Attitude toward Others
Excellent written and verbal communication
Project/Task and Goals Focus
Respect for Policies
Culturally competent and sensitive
GEMS Core Values:
Social Justice Oriented
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a cover letter and resume with “SLI Events Internship” in the subject line to our Operations Department at email@example.com.
No phone calls please!
CSEC SURVIVORS, FORMERLY INCARCERATED, AND WOMEN OF COLOR ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!