Hours per week
10-15 hours weekly
Overview of Organization:
MitoAction.org is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving quality of life for adults, children, and families with mitochondrial disease through support, education, outreach, and advocacy initiatives. Please visit our website at www.mitoaction.org for more information on mitochondrial disease and our mission.
The Communications & Social Media intern will work directly with the CEO to manage content, develop media plans and update social media, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, with a focus on increasing awareness and engagement. This intern will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the organizations marketing and communications by injecting their unique sense of creativity into each project.
Primary Duties Include:
- Using email, phone, and social networking daily to communicate
- Coordinating the development of pitch stories
- Event and Program communications
- Use and update MitoAction's social media outlets daily
- Managing multiple responsibilities in order to complete small tasks that keep the organization running on a daily basis
- Flexible schedule up to 10-15 hours weekly
Intern will have the opportunity to:
- Work in a remote setting
- Participate in a weekly staff meeting
- Work directly with the CEO of a growing nonprofit organization
- Gain firsthand knowledge of the nonprofit sector
- Work independently on assigned projects on a weekly basis following a project management template
- See work directly translate into exciting and successful events
Skills and Qualifications:
Applicants must be highly motivated, able to work independently, have excellent time management skills and the ability to communicate and interact with all types of people including patients, clinicians, volunteers and business leaders. Applicant must have advanced knowledge of social media, the Internet, Microsoft Word, and Excel. Knowledge of social media management tools (i.e. hootsuite), and graphic design (i.e. Adobe) is preferable. Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask. Access to computer & printer is required.
To Apply: Email your resume and a cover letter to Jeannie Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.