Volunteer Internship, Foreign Affairs, Advertising, Summer 2018
- Internship posted by Council on Foreign Relations
Hours per week
16-21 hrs per week
58 East 68th St.
CFR’s volunteer internships give selected volunteer interns the opportunity to receive training in the area of foreign policy; as well as skills training in areas such as writing, research, and program planning.
Foreign Affairs magazine has a volunteer internship opening in the Advertising Department.
CFR volunteer internships are unpaid, require a 16- 21 hour commitment, and are filled on a rolling basis.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the programming and execution of large-scale conferences focused on emerging markets
- Researching and interacting with high-level leaders in business and government and with valued Foreign Affairs subscribers and New York business leaders
- Supporting the business side of the production of the magazine and website, and the development of the video marketing strategy
- Conducting research and preparing reports on top companies and non-profit institutions
- Undergraduate student with concentration in international relations, public policy, regional studies, publishing, marketing, communications, business, or a related field
- Previous relevent coursework, internship, or work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite necessary and experience working with Creative Suite preferred
- Prior experience with proofreading, editing, and online research preferred
- Attention to detail and editing skills
- Spanish, Portuguese, or another language mastery a plus