Hours per week
Ideally for 6 months
Hlavní město Praha
As an intern at Go Think, you have the potential to have an impact on how our organisation will work for years to come. You will work both independently and in a team, and will have the opportunity to organise and execute your own projects and ideas in the area of your interest. For example, if you are interested in social media, you can assist the team with managing social media pages. If you are interested in journalism, you can assist in conducting interviews and writing articles for our blog.
At the moment, our main focus is the organisation of four media literacy workshops in the Visegrad countries. These workshops will feature speakers on key topics that are specific to the regions in which the workshops are held, and the content produced at these workshops will be used to form a database of educational media literacy content that is accessible to our partners and participants.
The basic responsibilities of the intern will include:
- Actively participating in the development and execution of projects, activities, and events
- Actively researching opportunities for Go Think for partnerships, sponsorships, and projects
- Assisting the Go Think team with organisational and administrative tasks
- Translation from English to Czech (for Czech-speaking interns)
Depending on your focus as an intern, you will also have the opportunity to complete other tasks such as:
- Grant writing and general copywriting
- Create and update website content
- Design of graphic templates and promotional material
Interning with Go Think Initiative is a great opportunity to be part of a new organisation with an innovative and unique idea. You will have many opportunities for building a professional network, both in Prague and abroad. Upon completion of the internship, Go Think will provide the intern with a certificate, as well as a personalized letter of reccommendation from the director.
Interns will have the opportunity to work in several locations in Europe and to network with individuals from organisations in the field of media, development and the NGO sector, as well as building valuable experience in the sector.
Interns will receive a certificate upon completion of their internship.
Longer-term possibilities are also available for those in Prague for the longer term; please enquire!
How To Apply
We are ideally looking for the following qualifications:
- Higher education degree (or currently enrolled in a higher education programme) in the field of international relations, international development, NGO sector, journalism, or other with a keen interest in civic development, politics and foreign affairs
- Solid command of English, both oral and written
- Good communication and organisational skills & attention to detail
- Very good IT proficiency (MS Office and Outlook)
- Ability and confidence to work individually and to develop further your position
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, or on short notice, with challenging deadlines
Please send a covering letter/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including your interests, background and availability.