Hours per week
Minimum 4 month commitment strongly preferred
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Let’s Get Ready is an innovative, growing nonprofit that provides high school students from communities historically underrepresented in college with free SAT preparation, admissions counseling, and other support services needed to gain admission to and graduate from college. In collaboration with colleges, high schools, and community organizations, Let’s Get Ready (LGR) has grown to serve roughly 9,000 high school and college students annually through more than 80 programs from Philadelphia to Maine. With a $3.5 million budget and a staff of 33, Let’s Get Ready operates out of its headquarters in NYC and a regional office in Boston. LGR plans to double the number of students served over the next three years, and is focused on significantly increasing revenues and awareness necessary to support this future growth.
LGR uses a unique near-peer model that is proven to connect with students from low-income and first generation college-going backgrounds. LGR engages and trains college student volunteer Coaches to deliver services. Some Coaches are from the communities we serve; all have recently gone through the college admission, financial aid, and matriculation processes. From this vantage point, they can connect with high school students and impact them deeply, offering encouragement, inspiration, and guidance that delivers tremendous results. LGR then supports their transition and ultimate success, leveraging the near-peer model throughout the college experience by pairing students with more senior college students who can help them adjust, adapt, and succeed through to graduation. LGR students are extraordinarily successful, graduating at 5 times the national average for students from low-income backgrounds
Let’s Get Ready (LGR) is seeking a Data Assistant Intern to support the Data and Evaluation team in collecting and analyzing program data. The Data Assistant Intern will collect and clean data and datasets, and support all administrative functions of the team, and in so doing will play a significant role in helping to make data collection processes efficient and accurate for all staff. S/he will also have the opportunity to:
- Conduct data analyses on program impact, SAT scores, and/or college enrollment and persistence
- Develop Salesforce skills
- Contribute to data reports for internal and external audiences
- Observe nonprofit operations
The ideal candidate will have an interest in program evaluation and college access/success, and is excited to learn advanced Excel skills, including vlookup and pivot tables.
- Assist in term and annual data analysis, including collecting, cleaning, aggregating, and analyzing program data
- Manage tracking and compliance processes, including the collection of student and coach surveys
- Support quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Contribute to reports, surveys, and findings
- Support Data and Evaluation Manager in preparing data for external evaluators
- Additional projects as determined by Data and Evaluation Manager
- Experience with Excel strongly preferred
- Experience with Salesforce preferred, but not required
- Highly motivated and detail oriented
- Committed to educational equity and the mission of LGR
- Resourceful with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated interest in data and evaluation
- Flexible and adaptable
- Minimum 4 month commitment strongly preferred
How To Apply
This position is a volunteer internship designed to offer experience to undergraduate or graduate students looking to develop applied data and evaluation skills in a nonprofit organization. Submit a resume and detailed cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position via email to email@example.com. Please put “Data Assistant Intern” in the subject heading. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so it is in candidates’ best interest to apply as soon as possible.
Let’s Get Ready is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds, particularly those that represent the students we serve, to apply.